• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Did You Find Us?

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
Looking into getting a 580k or a 580sk and in the research of them this forum popped up many times.

bruschino1978

Hi guys,

Its a pleasure to be part of this forum. I had the luck to find this site, during a search on Google. I am a mechanical engineer, specialized in CAT generator sets, specially 3306, 3412. I also manage a lot of heavy duty softwares, so if anyone here need information, spec, schematics, etc please let me know and I will try to help.

Regards,
bruschino1978

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
I was told about this site 3 or 4 years ago by diamondTguy and checked in 3 or 4 times a year and finally decided to join in here. I am a Pacific truck guy drove for close to 9 years Pacific and Hayes off highway hauling coal near Sparwood B.C. Have many pictures .

Hank R

ACCI

I found you guys by searching Google for help with a problem my Case 90XT is giving me.
i will post my problem...

Occupation
Retired RN
I found this forum by searching for info on "Case 530 CK diesel TLB". I just bought one of these beasts and know next to nothing about it, am hoping to lurk here and learn how to fix it myself WHEN things continue to go wrong...current issues at purchase are:

Leaky fuel tank-leaking around rear stud
Pretty much covered in greasy dirt on rear half due to #1
No working gauges-instrument cluster rusted
Hand throttle presently operated with a piece of baling wire
Blown gasket between exhaust manifold and muffler
Not charging [no wiring connected to generator...]
Rear tires are different sizes, unbelievable they hold air
Swing cylinders drip, pretty weak
Stabilizers don't extend quite far enough to lift rear off the ground

Good points are:

Starts w/o ether in this weather
Had shuttle clutch replaced ~ 25 hrs ago
all hydraulics work
Goes forward and backward
Steers easily both directions

MEK

I was recovering from a pinched nerve in my lower back, nothing to do but surf web. Looked up my JD 400 TLB and this site was listed. Read every thread, it is extremely informative and the followers are great.

dieseldog5.9

I was looking for some obsolete service info on a lull 644, and found it here from another member. Hopefully I have been able to pay it forward to someone else who is in a jam.

LLLearner

I was researching more information on issues raised in class than my HD Mech foundation course was providing and found this site back in 2012!! It has helped me ever since.

laycobeau

Occupation
Lead electronic technician
Came up on a google search when I was at Combotronic (now closed) login combobeau reregistered when I came to
Layco Electric Innovations. Still repairing Heavy Equipment electronics. First encounter you helped me with a burned
resistor. got a customer running thanks much. Beau

RDHunter

Occupation
mechanic
Google Search for parts and help with D21a-6, information here was better than any I found anywhere else. NEW member and fairly new owner of dozer, used for light to moderate land clearing, personal use

HWilliam

Occupation
Equipment Repair Unit
Googling for info about our JCB 212S, and found the forums. Very informative.

ssimpala

Google. I farm and ranch with old worn out equipment and always have something broken down. This site comes up often when I search for parts or repair advice...so I decided to join.