1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

How Did You Find Us?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Steve Frazier, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Bentsteel

Bentsteel New Member

Boilermakers local 502
    Found this site through a google forums posting 2006 john Deere 35 D search/final drive diagnosis

2. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Welcome to HEF, Bentsteel !

3. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Welcome to HEF Bensteel;)!

4. DD Cincy

DD Cincy Member

Every t ime I do a search regarding heavy equipment issues, I find there are always links to forums pages. So I figured Id search "Heavy Equipment Forums" and baam....here I am. I think I am going to like this place! Thank you guys for putting this forum together.

Tarhe Driver likes this.
  5. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Welcome to HEF DD;)!

DD Cincy likes this.
  6. zeek89

zeek89 Member

Google.

All of my searches kept leading me back to this forum so I figured I might as well join!

Cheers

Tarhe Driver and skyking1 like this.
  7. Bajtec

Bajtec Member

IT Architect
    I was looking for technical info about troubleshooting hydraulic circuits on my CASE backhoe. I was nt bale to receive email on my main account but google one did the job. This is very nice knowledge repository as far as I checked :)

8. Old Cats 71

Old Cats 71 New Member

I found this from
    an internet search…

9. emmett518

emmett518 Senior Member

Indeed. Even though I'm not in the trade, and use my backhoe for my animal rescue, I've always felt welcome here, and had all of my questions answered with patience and respect.

I don't think I could have gotten any traction with this backhoe without the kind people on this site.

mountainguyed67 likes this.
  10. mountainguyed67

mountainguyed67 Senior Member

It took me a couple years of trying to get registered here, I had many unsuccessful attempts. I’m on many forums, only this one was a problem.

ridenby likes this.
  11. ridenby

ridenby Member

Like your thread on Irate4X4. These folks are pretty good too.

12. Tony Furrh

Tony Furrh New Member

I was looking for a parts manual for a JCB tractor that I am working on, and bing sent me to this site (among others). Haven't been able to figure out which manual I need to purchase for a 214e (3CX), VIN SLP214TC6U090680. Any help?

13. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Welcome to the Forums Tony!

Try starting a thread in the backhoe forum and post the same machine info including the VIN.

14. Rustyfender

Rustyfender Well-Known Member

Equipment operator
    Greetings from another senior! I found this sight by looking for information on older Detriot diesels, read some posts and recognized some familiar names from another sight. Thanks from Ontario Canada for the great sight and people, they have helped a lot I want to be able to do the same.

15. Corruption by the Sea

Corruption by the Sea Member

Hi, by doing web-based searches for specific information about specific models of backhoes I continued to get hits to heavyequipmentforums.com

Thank you.

16. NwbHoss

NwbHoss Member

retired crane operator
    You can blame Skyking for me showing up here. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Been a huge help with my equipment choices for building my Shop and log home.

skyking1 and Steve Frazier like this.
  17. tbsalvagefab

tbsalvagefab Member

Like everyone else, found it via the internet browsing for knowledge. Always interested in reading through all the projects and experience available here
    Have some dumb questions and figured i'd stop lurking

LowBoy likes this.
  18. LowBoy

LowBoy Senior Member

Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
    Same with me...I was looking for some answers to something back around 2006 or thereabouts when I stumbled across HEF, and it's been an amazing resource for information on anything that creates black smoke.

19. Taillight guarantee

Taillight guarantee New Member

I don’t remember how I found you. I am from Phoenix AZ. I’ve been in business for myself for almost 2 years now. I had been reading a thread about another newbie in business and having the same struggles as me. Scheduling and so forth. It was a huge help for me. I never thought I would be going into business for myself at 50 yrs old.

CM1995 likes this.
  20. Zac Mann

Zac Mann New Member

What’s up fellas? Small independent field tech here! Found you guys looking for some answers on a jd 490e with slow functions!

Tinkerer and CM1995 like this.