1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

How Did You Find Us?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Steve Frazier, Feb 27, 2005.

1. CableDW10cat

CableDW10cat Active Member

The google mechanic pointed this place out while I was looking for a sprocket puller for my d8.

2. SchreiberEX

SchreiberEX Member

Googled a Fiat 14C. Looking for sprockets

3. SineWave

SineWave Active Member

Googled "backhoe forum" if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe "Case backhoe forum." This site would have been one of the top hits.

4. brwesi

brwesi New Member

Industrial Contractor, president
    I am a newbie, this is my first post. I found the site thru a search on small dozers. The info I read here was intelligent and there was a ton of knowledge being shared. After hours on this site, I scraped the dozer idea and bought a mini excavator.

5. billman555555

billman555555 Active Member

Found when googling info about excavators.
    Also someone told me about it a while before but i forgot who.

6. ridenby

ridenby New Member

Looking for info on a backhoe. You all had it.

7. CatKC

CatKC Well-Known Member

Found this site after looking . . . and looking. . . . and looking . . . . for information on diagnosing a Cat 312B that wouldn't go into Rabbit travel speed.
    This seems to be the only place where you can get any knowledgeable assistance on Cats.
    I -really- appreciated the information I received. It saved me hundred$ by -not- getting something done that would not have fixed the problem.
    I hope I can return the favor in the future.

8. crharms

crharms Member

I found this site when I was searching for my first skid steer. I was pretty sure I wanted a Case 1845C and so when I was searching for information on them I noticed there were a lot of forums on this site reviewing them and I kind of got hooked from there. I read a bunch of the other forums on here and thought this group sounded like a lot of the guys I could identify with. I don't post a lot but the little bit that I have, you guys have had answers for me.

9. Old Tow

Old Tow New Member

Cowboy by choice - Preacher by calling !
    I found this site through a search on Google, and I am sure thankful I did !!

Rick

10. mechanic3162

mechanic3162 New Member

I found the site through a Google search

11. DirtyHands

DirtyHands Member

NDE Analyst Nuclear Power Field
    Info treasure

I found it through GOOGLE researching Cat 416C transmission problems. Love this site....lots of info. Knowledge IS Power!!!

12. thrashingcows

thrashingcows Well-Known Member

Again with the google searching. Just bought an older 1845C Uni-loader and have been hunting for info and parts. Seems like a lot of great info, and people here.

13. Kater

Kater Well-Known Member

Retired (computer teacher and marketing/advertisin
    I think I was in general googling skid loaders for information so I found you from a search.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  14. krn72386

krn72386 New Member

I just googled excavator forums and yours was the first to pop up.

15. PA Track & Welding

PA Track & Welding Member

Owner/Operator
    Was looking downsize undercarriage shop and unload some used equipment. Did not have much luck so wife poked around different sites and found this site. Signed up and replied to some post,but trying to figure it all so I follow all the rules. Wish I knew about this site a long time ago,really enjoy. A tad bit Addictive! Again, any help on navigating site so as to not anger anyone and follow rules would be appreciated. Dale@ pa track

16. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    We're pretty easy to get along with.

If you have something to sell, and you own it, putting it in our For Sale section is fine. Steve's background is as a small businessman. If you're a little guy, we're happy to help out. Bigger operations that have PR and advertising budgets to sell their goods or services don't need HEF to offer them a free ride.

Spammers, who join strictly to post links promoting stuff, particularly those that have little or nothing to do with heavy equipment, are shown the door. There's some latitude in the rulebook to allow us to judge whether a one-off post of something industry related is acceptable or not. Like eating potato chips though, most spammers can't seem to stop at just one. :rolleyes:

Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. :)

17. PA Track & Welding

PA Track & Welding Member

Owner/Operator
    Digger242j If I try to respond to people looking for stuff, it tells I do not have privileges to respond. I have posted 6-7 times on forum but then realized I was looking at old post not new ones. Any help

18. Scratcher

Scratcher New Member

Google . Hi everyone. Yep googled case 580e brakes... and here I am. I have an oldie haven't looked into it to far yet (hasn't been delivered). Informed SFA brakes , and uses equal quantities of hydraulic oil and diesel. I am sure to be prodding the brains trust on here, as well as replacing many seals .

CM1995 likes this.
  19. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Welcome to the Forums Scratcher!

20. Scrub Puller

Scrub Puller Senior Member

Gotcha Mate! Lots of friendly knowledgeable folks here.

A few issues with the new format but the mods and techies are getting it sorted.

I'm just south of Gladstone.

Cheers.