• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how common than not

cat320

Charter Member
Yesterday I was driving down the road when this guy came past me with an F350 diesel srw p/u truck towing what looked like I think it said ex50 on the side of the mini excavtor well it looked well over 10K machine on probably 12-14Klb trailer. now from my point of view it looked like a a cop would have a feild day with this guy .over weight probably does not have a class a if he's towing it like that.

so alog of you guys tow like that or have seen something like that going down the road. oh it was not a gooseneck or fithwheel but regular reciver hitch pull.

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
I've got a Komatsu PC60 I've pulled with my F-350 dual wheel dump and that was way to heavy. A single wheel F-350 is way to light in my eyes, someone ever cut you off forget about stopping. The most I'd pull with a srw F-350 is probably 8,000-10,000 lbs tops.

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
A gooseneck or 5er he would be close to the weight limit depending on weight of trailer. I tow my mini on the hitch of my 06 2500HD but the combined weight of trailer/mini is around 10.5k lbs, according to GM/Chevy i can pull up to 12k on the hitch but it is suppose to have sway bars. I pull without sway bars but i dont tow over 55mph very often either with this combo for you can feel it start to sway at times. A friend of mine who has the same truck tows his mini on the hitch with a combined weight of almost 16k lbs, foolish in my eyes and i have told him so. He is careful when towing but he is still exceeding the hitch rating by over 4k lbs.

jkiser96

Occupation
Concrete truck driver / business owner
I tow my BC 430 on a gooseneck that is rated at 14,000 with a SRW F-350. I have been checked a few times & it will scale just fine if you have it loaded right. My 350 pulls it like dream and stops it just fine & quick if I have to, believe me the brakes are perfect. I figure my machine is right at 9,000 so I am close on weight rating but it will pull fine, but this is also a gooseneck so it will be better pulling in my opinion.