• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How can I get into the business?

zring

Occupation
Electronics Technician
I would love to be a HE operator. I grew up running all sorts of farm equipment. Does that count as experience and what is the best way to get into the industry of excavators, dozers, loaders...etc?

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
The farm equipment is a start. It shows that you have had responsibility for operating a machine safely and maintaining it, and that you're not afraid of machines. You're going to need a driver's license and a car or truck so you can get to the job, because whoever you're working for, you're going to have to go where the work is.

zring

Occupation
Electronics Technician
You're going to need a driver's license and a car or truck so you can get to the job, because whoever you're working for, you're going to have to go where the work is.

I'm happy to say that I have a license and a car. I suppose I should also look into getting a CDL.

rabia

Banned
Its good to hear that you have license. It means at least you know the basics. Its better to get training of heavy machinery so that you could aware of safety operations for these machines. :)