• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How about NO trailer

Tiny

Didn't really know where to put this one so here go's;(mods move this if you have a better spot)

Boss comes up with some off the wall stuff.He gets a job to set a precast cell site building.72,000 lbs and 32 feet long.This building has all the cell phone equipment and batteries in it and a generator set to boot.

Fun part is the land owners are Nature Lovers (read into that whatever) and threw a fit at the idea that trees were going to have to be cut down.No way for a truck and trailer to even think about getting there.

After 3 weeks of cussing and discussing my boss decided to do this.King pins welded to a couple of beams and two trucks.

I'm in the Kenworth.

Attachments

• mf1.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,023
  • mf2.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,022
  • mf3.jpg
    mf3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • mf4.jpg
    mf4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,017
  • mf5.jpg
    mf5.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,042
Last edited:

td25c

Looks like a good solution given the narrow driveway.Well done!

Tiny

I will say that while rolling Up hill backwards it had a seat pinch factor of 10.5

td25c

They put cell towers in some tough areas to access whith the equipment on some sites.Did you have to help the front truck by putting the Kenworth in reverse on the hills?

Tiny

Yes,I had to help and that was a real struggle. That old Pete had an 18 speed and two speed rears and the KW was a 9 speed.I did have to do some slipping to keep from rolling the beams.

Dualie

well it worked! if it didnt it would have been an awesome set of epic fail pics. but this one was a win!

KW318

It's always a good thing to have a boss crazier :crazy:crazy than yourself!

I speak from experience, also had a few who did the 'ready, fire, aim' trick as well.:guns

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
I hope you got it moved in one day. Otherwise, show up the next morning and have to figure out again whether you are coming or going...:D

Seriously- pretty neat thinking there. Way to go!