• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

House Demolition - Aussie style

Linkon007

Banned
I have read your post and found it interesting. I also believe that transportable homes are better than any other option. The best thing about that is that you can relocate it and also can move anywhere very easily. Anyway thanks for sharing that above pic also.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
I have read your post and found it interesting. I also believe that transportable homes are better than any other option. The best thing about that is that you can relocate it and also can move anywhere very easily. Anyway thanks for sharing that above pic also.

Thanks for that, Linkon007, welcome to the Forum and I'm pleased you found this thread interesting.

I can't believe that was five years ago now, we have demolished and crushed a few more of the those old houses since then, but they really were in a very bad state and had collapsed.

RnR.

Wolf

So, RnR, about how many of these do you think you have knocked down and crushed up? It's so awesome that you are doing this.

Wish you had some pictures of them coming down to post. Do you? Would love to see it.

What kind of machine are you using to do the work, and what do you do with all the rubble once the structure is crushed?

Thanks, mate.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
So, RnR, about how many of these do you think you have knocked down and crushed up? It's so awesome that you are doing this.

Wish you had some pictures of them coming down to post. Do you? Would love to see it.

What kind of machine are you using to do the work, and what do you do with all the rubble once the structure is crushed?

Thanks, mate.

I've lost count Wolf, but it could be around fifty, over a period of thirty years. Some were still standing, like the one in this thread, some were falling down and some had already been demolished by their owners.

Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures, a lot of them were demolished before digital cameras and I haven't got around to scanning all of my old photos.

We crush them with our crushing plant which comprises a jaw crusher and two impact crushers. All of these old houses are on farming properties and the farmers pay us so much a tonne to have them demolished and crushed. The farmer uses the rubble for his yards and access roads. An old house like the one in this thread can run into 300 - 400 tonnes. The farmer gets a ruin cleaned up and he also finishes up with a usable product.

RnR.

Attachments

• 01 - RS..jpg
    01 - RS..jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 02 - RS..jpg
    02 - RS..jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 01 - RS Crusher.jpg
    01 - RS Crusher.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 349
  • 02 - RS Crusher.jpg
    02 - RS Crusher.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 348

Wolf

Beautiful. I love the picture of you pushing over the smoke stack. That is so cool. Good work, mate.

Helas

Banned
You have done a great job. I have seen these pics and found it really nice. I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I think you have to post some pics of steel fabrication or such other metal work. Anyway thanks.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
You have done a great job. I have seen these pics and found it really nice. I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I think you have to post some pics of steel fabrication or such other metal work. Anyway thanks.

Thanks for the comments, Helas. I'm not quite sure what you mean about posting pics of steel fabrication or how it fits in with demolishing old stone houses. You might have to give me a bit more information.

RnR.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Thanks for the comments, Helas. I'm not quite sure what you mean about posting pics of steel fabrication or how it fits in with demolishing old stone houses. You might have to give me a bit more information.

RnR.

RnR that's because he/she is a spammer that's not being truthful of their location. Took care of that.;)

RocksnRoses

Occupation
I found a few more photos for you Wolf, this house was burnt out and we didn't crush it.

RnR.

Attachments

• 01 - RS point pearce demolition 005.jpg
    01 - RS point pearce demolition 005.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 547
  • 02 - RS point pearce demolition 005.jpg
    02 - RS point pearce demolition 005.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 555
  • 03 - RS point pearce demolition 013.jpg
    03 - RS point pearce demolition 013.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 550
  • 04 - RS point pearce demolition 026.jpg
    04 - RS point pearce demolition 026.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 552
  • 05 - RS point pearce demolition 011.jpg
    05 - RS point pearce demolition 011.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 557

RocksnRoses

Occupation
RnR that's because he/she is a spammer that's not being truthful of their location. Took care of that.;)

Thanks, CM, I did wonder about that, it seemed a bit strange, I should have woken up.

RnR.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Thanks, CM, I did wonder about that, it seemed a bit strange, I should have woken up.

RnR.

No worries. It was slick how they quoted themselves and then added a spam link in the quote that wasn't in their original message. I've been spam hunting long enough to smell 'em.:D

Kovsh

Occupation
Mechanical engineer
[video=youtube;FnHabpaPjzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHabpaPjzk[/video]

Kovsh

Occupation
Mechanical engineer
[video=youtube;U_REKQlLYyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_REKQlLYyw[/video]

Kovsh

Occupation
Mechanical engineer
[video=youtube;IM3DMdWvmgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM3DMdWvmgg[/video]