• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

House demo price.

rwatkins

I got a 2300 sq ft house to do for a guy weve been doin the work for. Its new construction that caught on fire, so insurance is paying for it. Were taking down the 2 story structure but leaving the first floor deck, 2 out side decks. and a 40 ft by 6 ft wide chimey. The home is a post and beam setup. No drywall no isulation(its in the panels that make the exterior osb with 4 inch foam glued between. The inside is basicly a crap load of big 8x8, 6x4, and 6x6 beams to make the framed structure. The whole 2nd floor is 2x6 tonge n grove which doubles as the ceiling on 1st floor. Now we are goin to basicly cut and disasemble the entire thing a take it apart like it was put up. There is no damage to 95% of the structure except that it turned black from heat and smoke and will never have it look that it was suposed to. The only waste is the shingles and tar paper, everything else we are saving. Gonna build a hunting cabin out of it. I figure it will take us 10 days +/- to do it. Anyone got an idea to a figure you would give? I know its not easy with out seeing it. Its not gonna be a simple smash it and haul it away thing. But i thought id ask on here.