• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough wheel loader

Mike Van

would anyone know what causes tough steering in a 60 hough. It has been like this for years and just is impossible to steer

The first cause listed in my Trojan [1962] manual is dirty oil - ? Followed by wear on sleave & spool, wear on orbit gear, pump problems [low pressure] actuator problem, or lastly, problem with lines [crushed] or filter.

oldequip

Hough 50 straight frame

Needs a pump, or a rebuild kit. 2 of 4 bushings cracked and allowed out of center rotation which chewed the shaft. If I can't find parts reasonable, ill build up the bushings, and lathe the shaft to fit.

Only #s I can find on the pump look like casting #s. Unless those are the numbers I need.

Its a 3 sp with shuttle shift.
The auxiliary is setup with a flange to bolt on something besides a pump for different application I'd imagine.

It had a 6cyl diesel, then a 6cyl gas. Now a '64 high compression Chrysler 318. Yes, custom bellhousing adapter. And its got plenty of grunt.

The drott 4in1 clam spoiled me clearing this field of trees. I feel icky using a straight bucket....

Anyways any more info needed just ask, ill provide whatever I can find on the machine. I'm not sure what pumps were common on this model machine. Its a gear pump.

Thanks, jason
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Its a Tyson pump? Spring loaded wear plates. One shop has one for $3000. I paid $3000 for the machine 35 years ago...

JTWAT

I have a 65C and have all the books for it including the manual for the IH DT407 engine in it. I have rebuilt both steering cylinders due to leaking and will also rebuild the boom and bucket cyl. i have not started on the brakes yet. If anyone needs any specs for the 65C et me know. I am looking for a used turbo if anyone may have one. the one on the engine has rusted and leaks.

rooster1

Hi Guys
I'V just bought an old hough loader i think a model 60 with a 6v53 Detroit but no markings or numbers to be found, After fuel and filter change I started the engine after 10 years of sitting and it started after about 3 miniuts of total cranking. but i can't shut it down!! it is idling about 3-400 RPM to high and the governor shut off won't kill the engine. I think the high RPM is the problem but don't know??and the throttle rod won't lower the RPM . has anybody had this problem or could help it would be great.

250c

Welcome Rooster 1 My guess is that something is stuck on your linkage and not letting the racks shut,I'd try it with the linkage disconnected first if that doesn't do it your problem is likely in the racks probably something rusted on themnot letting them close.
Hi Guys
I'V just bought an old hough loader i think a model 60 with a 6v53 Detroit but no markings or numbers to be found, After fuel and filter change I started the engine after 10 years of sitting and it started after about 3 miniuts of total cranking. but i can't shut it down!! it is idling about 3-400 RPM to high and the governor shut off won't kill the engine. I think the high RPM is the problem but don't know??and the throttle rod won't lower the RPM . has anybody had this problem or could help it would be great.

sheetalsagar

Hi tylerjm,
in which place you brought wheel loader their you can get information about your product. and for more information you can search on the internet.

rooster1

OK with a little running after ten years of sitting it's shutting the engine off , i found the tags and it is a H65 rear wheel steering. does anybody know where i could get a steer shaft CV jount???
the retainer is broken and all the steel ball bearings fell out--no 4 wheel drive it is a rockwell rear end.

largeboar

I just got a H65c and it will not move so I was gonna check the transmission fluid and can't find a dipstick. how are you suppose to check the transmission fluid?

Snuffy2

Good morning "Largeboar" in answer to your question on1-12-2014 about where the transmission dipstick is located, look on the right side of the machine. There is a large opening in the side of the frame near the bottom of the transmission(round hole) you will find the dipstick near the bottom of the transmission (not the torque converter)