• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough Payloader Model HA

microwave

I'm going to look at a HA tomorrow-stuck engine, starter in basket w/missing parts, but new hydraulics. Someone started fooling with it and quit. Equipment dealer only wants $600 for it. I gotta look for that price...

If you had success with your HA, I'd like to hear about it.

C>
I have a 1952 payloader with payloader stamped on the counterweight with the 4 cylinder waukesha engine 3 1/4 by 2 The engine was stuck when I got it. I put penatrating oil down the cylinders and took off the side plates and squirted penetrating oil on the valve stems. In 2 days I was able to turn the engine over and get a stuck valve to release.
After cleaning the points and rebuilding the starter the motor started and ran. After about 10 minutes it stopped smoking and smoothed out to a steady rythem of 4 cylinders running smoothly.The water pump leaked and I repaired the seals with epoxy as the bearings were still tight.
The hydraulics were good as the main cylinders looked like they had new seals and they did not leak.
As demand for the fork lift someone put on it in place of the bucket is not high I am considering selling the machine. It has 4 speed tranny with foward and reverse stick. My phone # is 870 322 c7099 and my name is Joe

bsnorge

Hi,

I am new to this forum, but I am looking for some info regarding the firing order of a third generation payloader.

oldballs

I know I'm a little late in chiming in here, but I want to let you know that I have ORIGINAL owners manuals and parts manuals for this and many other Hough "H" series loaders.
Email me if interested, otherwise Iwill be putting many on eBay in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Anthony

i would like the manuals

Jonny B

Occupation
Machinist
Could ya help me out IDing my loader?

Tag by the steering wheel says:
Model HA Payloader
Serial# - 2BA31856
Type G

Engine Tag:
Model FC281L 3 1/4 X 4
NO: 1109916

I haven't got it to the house yet, but I'm wanting to go check out the tag by the seat. I'll get pics and start a thread of my own on it when I get "New Topic" privileges.

Occupation
Quality Engineer
Jonny B,
Your Payloader is an HA-B model, it was built back in 1963. It is powered by a tried and true Waukesha FC series engine. Please post pictures of your machine once you get your priviages. Let me know if you have any further questions, I have a some experience with these machines.

Ray

Jonny B

Occupation
Machinist
Thanks Bartrams! Wasn't expecting it to be a 63 thats for sure! Guy I got it off of thought it was a 54, and after digging out all of the books he had on it there was a few that said Jan. 5th 1956 written in pen on the top, along with were it was purchased from. None the less it'll be a fun lil machine. Hoping to have it at the Portland, In tractor show this year if anyone is into that kinda thing.

hwkuhns

Hi Folks,

I'm new to all this. I have the long-term loan of a Model HAH. It runs beautifully, but needs a new clutch. I would like to find a new clutch before I go to the work of taking it all apart. Can anyone help me there? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for how to go about it? It looks to me as though it would be easier to pull the tranny rather than the engine. Has anyone done this, and have any pointers/warnings? I'll post pics: (1) after I actually take some. (2) If I can figure out how..... Thanks

brichel1

just got my first ha with trailer. its in good shape looks complete. have pics but have not been accepted, dont know why 219.629.1484 brian bcajme6@hotmail.com have some ?? about the 6, 12v system has 4cyl, bendix carb, 1 hi, 1 lo f+r. ballast gets very hot with key on. has 4 cyl flat head, not sure who makes it. any info would b great thanks much

muzy

Hi Folks,

I'm new to all this. I have the long-term loan of a Model HAH. It runs beautifully, but needs a new clutch. I would like to find a new clutch before I go to the work of taking it all apart. Can anyone help me there? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for how to go about it? It looks to me as though it would be easier to pull the tranny rather than the engine. Has anyone done this, and have any pointers/warnings? I'll post pics: (1) after I actually take some. (2) If I can figure out how..... Thanks

Pretty late with this but I have just got my clutch back from getting it rebuilt. Got me for $600 but at least it looks good, and will last longer than I will need I'm sure. Not sure where it was sent but I will find out and post it.
I could use some direction as to were to get parts, like pistons and bearrings. The machenist says he can not get bearrings for mains or rod end. One throw on the crank is badly scored.
This little Wauk. looks like it has linners in it.
No tag on block? Will post acouple pics of block, like every body else...when I figger it out. lol.
So be back in a bit. muzy:)
Ha, gotta make them smaller. Oh boy

Last edited:

muzy

Try again. It's pics of block, and one of cylinder. Hope you can see. muzy:)

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,231
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,252
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Muzy,
The block casting numbers match up with a Wahkesha FC series engine. I checked my payloader and it has the same block number except for the "A" suffix. You may want to try jobbersinc.com for parts. From what I can remember they had a pretty good selection of FC series parts when I was looking for parts for my machine. Give them a call or send them an e-mail, they were very helpful. Best of luck with getting your machine back together.
Ray

Woodwelding

Hi Ray I have a older HA model, I need help on the eng. external oil line FC-157-Z

Welcome to the board Operator,
For your water pump, contact Jobbers Warehouse in Philadelphia 215-236-8500, ask for Jimmy, he'll be able to fix you up with a rebuilt pump. I bought all of my Waukesha engine parts from them. They specialize in older, hard to find engines and parts. Plan on spending around $175.00 for the water pump. Good luck with your HA Payloader.
Ray

Hi Ray : I need help on the Waukesha eng. FC-157-Z 3 1/4" X 4" # 794914 502Gov. speed 1800. It has a external oil line from one side of the block to the other side to the oil pressure gauge. Is this factury ? My loader has 2 lift cly. & 1 dump cly. and round counter weight & round front too. Also has solid cast front wheels 750 X 16" truck tires, a Bindix carb, 6V. It runs good. Paul

archimede

New

Hello,
I am restoring an old HOUGH HA PAYLOADER (ser. n. 25560).
It is equipped with a WAUKESHA FC-253-C engine (srn.1025037 568).
I need:
1)Spark plugs (Champion D16?).
2)Carburetor repair kit (complete). The carburetor is a ZENITH 510750/11570. It leaks gasoline and the accelerator shaft has some play.
3)Generator repair kit (DELCO REMY 1111419 - 620).
4)Starter repair kit (DELCO REMY, but I can't read the part number. It has 4 carbon brushes). I need the brass bearings, too. It runs well, but the brass bearings are worned out. When the voltage of the battery is low, the gear disengages, and the starter turns at a very high speed, without moving the engine.
5)For the distributor (DELCO REMY 1111712) I need brass bearing, and the joint (the one which is at the end of the shaft).
Could you please tell me where I could find them?
Please, note that I live in TURIN (ITALY). In Italy I can't find any of these items, so I should buy them in the USA!
Do you know the part numbers for these items?
Sorry for my English mistakes, I hope you can understand.
Mario

muzy

Sounds like them parts are easly made. Good machine shop should be able to turn you new ones. Brass would be bushings right? muzy

Komatsu 150

Actually you are correct the proper name would be plain bearings as apposed to roller bearings. We are all just accustomed to calling them bushings.