• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough ha payloader

Johnny63

hello, I’ve recently started fixing up this payloader ha. I believe it to be a third gen. Under the seat appears to be a reservoir of some type and the fill tube for the transmission. Can anyone tell me what type of gear oil/transmission fluid belongs in there and what the reservoir is. It appears to be a filter, I’ve never seen one like it, any help would be much appreciated, I’ve posted a pic

John

Attachments

• DFB06BE1-B57E-4837-8BA8-AD559E7298F4.jpeg
    DFB06BE1-B57E-4837-8BA8-AD559E7298F4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
X2 for the oil filter. Some folks have used a roll of toilet paper for a filter element in an emergency.

Dewert

Just purchased a running and driving HA to restore and show, I have an original parts book. Wondering where to find parts, engine to hydraulic pump coupler, wheel/rim clamps etc. I'm brand new to this forum and would appreciate any information.

Johnny63

I bought my HA about 3 months ago. Of course it was not running, had a blown head gasket and needed a major tune up. I found the head gasket on a site called the broken tractor, most of the tune up parts along with master cylinder I found at Napa. It's running great now, it needs a new alternator, so that will be my next thing. I'm currently sanding it down to put a fresh coat of paint, just to make it look nicer, back tires were good, but had to replace the fronts 7.50 x 16 LT's set me back 300 bucks.

Rhinovangogh

Just purchased a running and driving HA to restore and show, I have an original parts book. Wondering where to find parts, engine to hydraulic pump coupler, wheel/rim clamps etc. I'm brand new to this forum and would appreciate any information.
I have a 49 Hough HF and got all of my parts on eBay. Some through a vintage parts supplier in CA. If you look they are out there. Also, Houghs shared parts for various models so parts might be interchangeable. Good luck.