• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough H90C

Kobe130

Occupation
Economist, power company
Recently bought a Hough H90C. It runs and I drove it a bit but needs injectors overhauled from the look of all the black smoke. Also I see that PowerMax engine parts are available for the big DVT 573 cornbinder. Does anyone have an opinion on their parts good or bad?
I know the loader is a good machine very robust and well made as is characteristic of International.

Kobe130

Occupation
Economist, power company
No it was smokin pretty good. Engine is showing 3000 hours which is probably from rebuild but as is often the case they may not have had the injectors overhauled.

Manu

Excessive smoke is an indication of not enough air for the amount of fuel injected into the cylinders or the timing is too late or there is a compression issue . The first thing to check is the air intake system: air filter and precleaner. Then the turbocharger , related piping and aftercooler. Then valve adjustment and timing. Then injectors and cylinder compressions: a bad valve or head gasket will cause charge temperature to be too low for complete combustion.