• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough H30

Jeff D.

cat320 said:
Jeff i think your better off diesel is the way to go. pluse one that you can get parts for.
Dusty said:
your better off with out another thing to eat up your cash
Haa, I tricked you guys just to see what you'de say!!:bouncegri

No, but he did decide to let it go, so.............

Here my loader:

(Also, his new "used" one is a Cat 910. I'm not familiar with wheel loader #'s, so I had just guessed at 938 before.):beatsme

Attachments

• Hough wheel loader 001 (Small).jpg
    Hough wheel loader 001 (Small).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3,499
  • Hough wheel loader 003 (Small).jpg
    Hough wheel loader 003 (Small).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,399
  • Hough wheel loader 005 (Small).jpg
    Hough wheel loader 005 (Small).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3,080

Jeff D.

Jeff D. said:
(Also, his new "used" one is a Cat 910. I'm not familiar with wheel loader #'s, so I had just guessed at 938 before.):beatsme
I know, I'm pretty bad, getting a 910 confused with a 938 is like getting a compact car confused with a 3/4 ton pick-up. I can't explain why the # 938 popped into my head as too what I thought it was, but...........it did.

I shouldn't have even guessed.:confused:

Cat320, do you have any sources that you used for used parts for yours? I know you mentioned Wingers in PA, and Lucko sales in ND(?). Are they parts sources also?

tylermckee

I know, I'm pretty bad, getting a 910 confused with a 938 is like getting a compact car confused with a 3/4 ton pick-up. I can't explain why the # 938 popped into my head as too what I thought it was, but...........it did.

I shouldn't have even guessed.:confused:

Cat320, do you have any sources that you used for used parts for yours? I know you mentioned Wingers in PA, and Lucko sales in ND(?). Are they parts sources also?

where are the pics of the 910?! :bash

Jeff D.

:bouncegri You know I thought of bringing my camera with when I went to pick it up, but I thought he might think it strange me taking pictures of his equipment. Sorry, I just took pictures of my junk when I got home.

Besides his is not actually a 910 Cat, it's really a Melroe M610 skid steer.:beatsme:rolleyes:

No, it's really a 910 Cat. I don't know what suffix though.

tylermckee

Why, what's it doing out there? Let me guess..................ummm Rain?

Supposed to get an inch or 2 tomorrow, got dumped on a little bit today.

Wouldnt be as bad if we were doing anything except for what are now. We are running 18" storm main alongside a road, getting rid of the existing open ditch :Banghead took 3 guys and a guy in the truck 8.5 hours to get 100', i have done 150' of 24" by myself in the same amount of time :bash But its a prevailing wage job, so Ii cant complain too much

cat320

Charter Member
Jeff that lucko sales might have a source for parts. here they told me to call the komatsue dealer as they took over dresser/hough. There was also a place called state equipment they where down in wilks bare PA it think too and they sold dresser.

Jeff D.

.......they told me to call the komatsue dealer as they took over dresser/hough.
Ok, I didn't know that. I'm trying to learn the history of the Co. alittle bit, and I've learned that IH bought Hough in 1974(?) and got rid of them a few years later. So Komatsu took them over after that then.

I'm also going to look around for some tires. They're 1300X24. The same size as some graders apparently. Hopefully I can find some retreads for it. We've some retreading co's just north of here that cater to the mines, so I'll check with them first.

Thanks again & thanks Nedly05 for the link.:yup

Last edited:

jmac

Jeff, you are the man! Your garage it getting pretty full fast. Pretty soon you will be selling the Mack of yours and jumping in full time. Ford9000 is thinking about making the leap! To bad you guys couldn't share equipment to get started. Congrats I think it is like Xmas every day at Jeff's house. You gotta love it first, and you do.

Jeff D.

jmac said:
Pretty soon you will be selling the Mack of yours ........
I dream of this every day. The payoff is about $37k right now, and if someone offered that too me I'd let it go. So if anyone's interested. A 2003 mack, 402k miles. 490hp Mack/13 speed Eaton. 3.70 rears. The biggest sleeper available, rarely slept in. I'll even fill the fuel tanks(a $750 dollar value):yup

I'd keep my route though. It's just to easy. I'd just get a small daycab instead.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I dream of this every day. The payoff is about $37k right now, and if someone offered that too me I'd let it go. So if anyone's interested. A 2003 mack, 402k miles. 490hp Mack/13 speed Eaton. 3.70 rears. The biggest sleeper available, rarely slept in. I'll even fill the fuel tanks(a $750 dollar value):yup

I'd keep my route though. It's just to easy. I'd just get a small daycab instead.

How's the tyres though??...have they still got all those grade stakes in them:bouncegri

Jeff D.

I spent the day working on this thing, making sure it was ready for winter.

The hydraulic system seemed noisy anytime it was warming up. I decide to change the filter, drain the fluid, clean the tank/strainer, and put new fluid in.

I found the strainer filter was almost completely plugged, with belly button lint I think.:beatsme :rolleyes: It kinda looked like that.

She's quiet and quicker cycling now when cold.:thumbsup

Cat320, the original filter # is BP-3, if you wanted to check your part #. Napa had one in stock though, and it was pretty cheap.

If anyone has a lead on good used/or capped 1300x24 tires, please let me know. Thanks. I checked e-bay, nada.

cat320

Charter Member
Jeff the one i have is a nappa gold 1140 it's 18" high and 6" round says flow B3=2B10=75 after the napp stuff.

Jeff D.

Jeff the one i have is a nappa gold 1140 it's 18" high and 6" round says flow B3=2B10=75 after the napp stuff.
Dang, It's about the same diameter, but almost twice the length that mine is. Thanks anyways.

Heres what my suction strainer looked like after I pulled it out and rinsed all the loose stuff off in a can of gas.(I did clean it further) I'm baffled as to what it is. There wasn't any metal, just this gunk?

Attachments

• Hough wheel loader (Small).jpg
    Hough wheel loader (Small).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 923

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Looks like Vegemite:bouncegri