• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hough 60 cm

adigger

Hi I just bought a hough 60 last week and treid it out today ,we loaded out 2 trucks and my son went to level out some gravel and the hydraulics died.He said it did not make any sounds it was like someone turn something off. It runs fine but will not move, no bucket or hydraulic funtions or steering.Main shaft is spinning and never stops.Any ideas we have no books or info andit was working good so we could please use some help.Thanks.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
First thing I'd probably do is look into the hydraulic tank and see if the oil is moving around indicating pump/pumps are moving oil. If oil is more or less stillwith no apparent flow I would be thinking a broken pump shaft or failed splines.

Not familiar with the H-60's but assume they are of similar design as the 90's 100's 120's that I worked on a lot years ago. These all had the hydraulic tank behind the cab with the pumps under it mounted to the back of the torque converter. Do you know if there is one or more pumps?
Would be great if you could post a picture of this area of the machine.

You say "main shaft" is spinning. I guessing this is the drive shaft between the torque converter and the transmission. Guess I should ask if the machine will move when put in gear.

That should be enough questions for tonight!