• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Home made Screen

Digger Dan

Anyone made one and have pics?
I have about 250 yards of good soil to screen, mostly trying to remove rocks 3-4 inches and larger, soil is very dry and powdery.
Or a place to rent one locally here in BC, near Vancouver

chips

If you can get a hold of the latest issue of "Farm Show" magazine, there is a custom made skidsteer mounted screener that looks interesting. I think the design would be worth trying.

Danny Steel

Occupation
Farmer/Landscaper/Welder/Fitter
I have made a shaker screen, I used 1/2 steel mesh, 1 old electric 1/2 hp motor, 2 springs from a old truck, And some tubing.

load It with the ski steer, And let It work.

Danny Steel

Occupation
I dont't think they let me In yet.......I cant see a box saying "Manage Attachments"., Also I cant start a thread:beatsme:drinkup

No worries, I'm not Spam, LOL

Danny

captain charlie

Occupation
Home Trade Mstr
I made a gravity screen with a few different screen sizes. 4in. 2in. and 1in. mesh. Works not to bad, it does get crap stuck between the mess but for the cost it worth it.

Attachments

• Hitacih dirtshifter001.jpg
    Hitacih dirtshifter001.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 6,864

Danny Steel

Occupation
Here's my screen, It may be small for big jobs, But It works great around the farm.
I load It up with the skid steer.:)

Danny

Attachments

• IMG00128-20090727-1618.jpg
    IMG00128-20090727-1618.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 9,831

JDOFMEMI

For 250 yards one like captain charlie built will work. If thats not fine enough, hang some old chain link fencing from it. I have done that before, and for a small volume it will work fine.

Just go slow and don't hurry.

captain charlie

Occupation
Home Trade Mstr
It works not to bad, I built the basic triangle out of 2x6 and bolted it together with half inch carrage bolts. I used wire rope at the top and bottom and tentioned them with turnbuckles. it was designed to fold up so I could haul it up the hill. I got the screens from the bone yard at the local gravel pit. I added the legs after so I could dump right into the box of my pickup. Now I want to wash the rocks somehow so i can use them for drainage. Any thoughts on how to achive this without to much water run off?

homemadetools

Old thread, but these are some valuable homemade tool builds, gentlemen! bowdown2.gif

We've added these screens to our Heavy Equipment category on HomemadeTools.net, fully credited out to captain charlie and Danny Steel:
-captain charlie's Aggregate Screen
-Danny Steel's Shaker Screen

So far we only display a reduced-size photo of the build (like what you would find in Google Images). If any of you are interested in giving your permission, we'd like to publish the original fullsize images with your build listing.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
So far we only display a reduced-size photo of the build (like what you would find in Google Images). If any of you are interested in giving your permission, we'd like to publish the original fullsize images with your build listing.

Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed...but are you saying the pics don't belong to you, that so far you've only displayed reduced size pics, and if the owner of the pics is interested in giving permission you'll post the full size images?

Am I missing something here? :beatsme

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed...but are you saying the pics don't belong to you, that so far you've only displayed reduced size pics, and if the owner of the pics is interested in giving permission you'll post the full size images?

Am I missing something here? :beatsme

Yes, the part where they make money from traffic on their site
(And less traffic here)

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . .

Dunno folks, that looks to be an interesting website.

Its very user friendly with some decent ideas. If I click on pictures it often brings me back to HEF.

I don't think there is any nefarious intent and, with the way they have the links set up it could bring traffic to this site.

I have it bookmarked actually and when I have some time I'll wander over and have a look around.

Cheers.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yes, the part where they make money from traffic on their site
(And less traffic here)

Well, I don't know, the whole premise of the post by homemadetools puzzles me. Sure, his objective to make money on his website may be correct, but more traffic on his site and less here? I doubt it. I doubt he can match the traffic that HEF enjoys. More likely, he's hoping the traffic at HEF spills over to his website. But hey, it's the internet, folks will try anything to get an edge. But if I can connect the dots that he's "riding the wave" of HEF for his gain, I'll cut it off. But if he's legit, I'm open minded to his defense. :)