• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Home made lube skid

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Nice! We priced them as well so no, I don't have one. Care to share the cost?

nowing75

We need a bigger hose reel for the wast oil,but they are pricy so for now just a 25 foot piece will do. Not sure think $5000. We just used it for the first time yesterday so I'm sure we will make a few changes hear or there.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice job. What are the three products? Oil, hydraulic and coolant?

nowing75

We have cat 10w hydraulic and tractor hydraulic and 30w trans oil. Just use jugs for engine oil. Figured we don't use as much engine oil and trying to to get to big with the skid. No they are not uv rated but they will be covered. I have seen severl comerical units useing the same tanks.

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Hopefully it works well for you. The dealership gave me a similar skid to use years ago, I found it to be more of a PITA than it was worth. The tanks weren't big enough to use on large services and by the time you made room in the truck, filled the tanks, and loaded it you were better off just using pails.

WCR73

How's your homemade lube skid turning out? Anything you would do different? I'm looking at buying a skid, but prices are going to force me to build my own. I'm curious what pumps you used for the new oil, and what you used for the used oil.