- Aug 11, 2008
- Kemptville, Ontario
I thought I would share with you guys my build of a thumb kit for my KX91-3. I priced out some kits that were commercially available but they all seemed quite expensive so I decided to build my own. I started out by building prototypes out of plywood then I bought a cylinder at Princess auto for a reasonable price of $140. I had to adapt the cylinder slightly to get it to work though. I then took my plywood prototype to a hydro cutting contractor, they did a great job matching my design and cutting the 5/8" plate steel. This was the most expensive part of $500, the only other thing I had done was get some bushings machined for the pivot pin. I welded it all together and assembled all the parts. I tried it out and so far I'm very happy with its operation.