• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

home equity line

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
I use to get papers from Dun + Bradstreet,but it has been years since i have gotten a rating from them.I have been in busniess for going on 33 years this year.

So why don't i get anything from them anymore.Do you have to ask for a report now?Just wondering.I was thinking at one time you needed one to bid work,but that has been a while ago.:beatsme:usa

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Do you even get a "Business Credit Rating" if you have a Sole Proprietor business structure? I thought that it all gets mixed together. As a SP your house is at risk already if anything happens. Have you thought about really separating the business from personal by at least making it an LLC? (assuming that LLC's are available in your state)

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
Do you even get a "Business Credit Rating" if you have a Sole Proprietor business structure? I thought that it all gets mixed together. As a SP your house is at risk already if anything happens. Have you thought about really separating the business from personal by at least making it an LLC? (assuming that LLC's are available in your state)

Not sure on how you go about it but You might be right. I will look into it. Thanks

Finance Guy

Occupation
Financing
We also can utilize an Experian Business Report to gather information.

Yes, you can have a business credit rating as a Sole Prop.

A SP does leave yourself open as an individual as far as liability if something were to happen. Incorporating or LLC provides a separation that can save you in the event of something.

As an individual I believe you have to request info from D&B.