• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Holland loader

cletrac

Occupation
mechanic
Here are some pictures of a Holland loader and a Holland truck that rolled over.Not the first or the last. We had 2 D9Ns hooked to it.:Banghead

Attachments

• new image 3.JPG
    new image 3.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 3,560
  • New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,656
  • New Image1.JPG
    New Image1.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 3,212
  • New Image2.JPG
    New Image2.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,308
Last edited by a moderator:

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
great pictures, ide love to see some more of your operation.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
thanx for the link, i finaly cheked it out, impressive stuff

JDOFMEMI

Looks like more material stuck in one side than the other, then when the gull wings opened, it fell over

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Thanks I've never seen pics of them in action.

gd10r

Interesting shots, I have seen the loader shots, borrowed them for my collection. Great stuff. Have not seen the trucks, I think these were the units used at the RMA here in Denver. Some corporate bozo's from an environmental company BOUGHT a holland loader, and three or four trucks to move a mere million yards of dirt. Had a buddy managing the fleet, mostly rentals. (He took a drubbing with unskilled operators and over hour rentals, yes 240 hours a month is 240 hours a month, kinda thing.)
Anyway make a long story short, these guys could not believe that six scrapers could move the dirt better and with less flipovers. Every time they flipped one of the buggers, they created a new remediation project for themselves on their dime!!!! The officals in charge determined that any leakage or damage created a new mess. Project ended up in court with a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ claim, never did hear how it turned out, bozo #1 was the lead witness, I dont think that it went well.
I stayed well clear of the project as the guys in charge were the poster boys for bozo's, another issue, company I worked for ended up hiring bozo #1 and he ended up not taking a liking to me. Go figure, laid off with a $30 million dollar backlog (?). Any how, good ending, backlog disappearing, and heard the other day that bozo #1 has been laid off himself.
Made for one happy day in my book!!
G

Turbo21835

Nolan, Thats Trucco. Look at the Deere 800. It has the Trucco Construction logo before the cw. Looking at the pics, such as the first one of the Holland loader next to a pit, and looking at the ramps into the pit. I would say it is one of the rock quarrys in Deleware Ohio. This was the last place I knew the holland loader was used. Saw it a few years ago, at the time it was being torn down

fensoncont.

Your 100% correct, I now see the Trucco logo and on that second picture you can see the back of the back of the highwall. That Deere 800 is sharp.

fensoncont.

Now that I thought about this last night they must have been moving quite a few yards of dirt down there, to deploy the Holland with the Belly Dumps, and the 800. I guess it's possible they just moved in the 800 to assist in re-assembling the belly dump.

Do you know, and do you work for Trucco?

Turbo21835

Nolan, When i was at PSM we bid on a stripping job at one of the quarrys. It was just shy of a million cubic yards of material. It would have had 2 cat 627E crews. Each crew would have a D8 and two 627Es. Then it would also have had a 627G crew consisting of two 627Gs and a D7H. 1 Hoe and truck crew consisting of a Cat 350Lme, 4 Volvo A35s, two D6Rs. Then we would have also sent 8-10 Terex Ts14Bs. A D7H a Komatsu D85 and a D65 to work with the 14s. Also included were a John Deere and Case tractors both pulling drag boxes.

Bids on the stripping are competetive to say the least. Who ever gets the contract usually gets a break on their stone price. So the contractors usually cut throat each other to get the job. Last I knew, Eigel beat us out by about 2-3 cents a cubic yard. It would have tied up 80% of our dirt crews for two months.

fensoncont.

Very informative Turbo, thank you. I wonder if that's a National or Shelly Quarry down there? Stripping jobs are a life saver in my opinion for off season work. It's 'peaceful' dirt moving as I like to say, there isn't so much to worry about, pick it up, go and dump it. When your talking 2 or 3 cents on a million yard dirt job, your dealing with two very precise companies. I always thought it would be good practice for big compaction dirt projects and for companies to get there 'qualifications' for bigger work on compaction.

This year Beaver moved 750,000 CY in Paulding at Lafarge in just over one month, with an EX 1200, 773 and MT 875 w/KTec Pull Pans. Last year Fox Contractor stationed in Ft. Wayne. I was told they moved about 600,000 CY that year and were moving the bulk of it over a mile for $1.76/CY. They ran (6) 627's, (9) D400/740, (2) 345C L ME, (3) D8R, and (2) 140H's running two ten hours shifts.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Example

Just for comparsion.One job i worked on was 2 million yards of dirt(sandy loom soils) Mound City ,Mo(Interstaet 29). We moved the dirt from April until Oct.With 6-637's new in 1971(close) Started out with 4-637's and added the other 2-scrapers after 2-months and a second 10 hour shift.

They was all push and pulls,no push cats on the job.2-8H's dozers 2 or 3 140 graders ,2-D7F which wasn't ever much of a dozer and a D6C and D5.

All was short haul.They used an 824 rubber tired dozer and a 21' box scraper on the haul roads .The blades was usually keep busy cutting the back slopes because they was being benched down in the cuts out 10' down 10' at 1/4 :1 slopes so they had to run tha blade out to the side to finish the slopes.

Because of the snady loom dirt we could work almost everyday.All the equipment was brand new for that job.I thought 6-scrapers hauling 2 million yards in around 7 months was doing pretty good back in those days.The job was only about 4 miles,so gives you some idea of the cuts and fill and length of hauls.

One cut was 100' cut and right off and almost straight down was the fill of which was about 90'.From the top of the cut to the bottom of the fill it was like around 190'.

You had to drag the pan to the bottom to keep from over raping the engines on the scraper.We had grooves cut down the slope 10'deep where we keep dragging the pans.

Had to have the D8's help push us back up the hill.Don't know how many thousand yards was in that one fill ,but there was a bunch.Plus there was another company hauling out of the same cut different direction,but theres was a long haul down on to a bottom.

Just an example of that job for you.:usa

Turbo21835

It was a tight bid Nolan. Which suprised me, PSM being non union, and the union company Eigel, beat us out. It was at National. Eigel rented the holland loader from Trucco, and used a large fleet of Volvo A40Ds. Somewhere around 15 or so. 1 big dozer, a few smaller dozers, and two tractors pulling boxes.