• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ZX30U-3 Few questions

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
My machine is like the photo... and the button above the auto idle toggle the screen to show the weight that’s being lifted by the boom. Cool feature but I have no use for it

good luck figuring out your machine.
Have you taken measurements to compare against different models? Yours looks like a 35 series

Quint

My machine is like the photo... and the button above the auto idle toggle the screen to show the weight that’s being lifted by the boom. Cool feature but I have no use for it

good luck figuring out your machine.
Have you taken measurements to compare against different models? Yours looks like a 35 series

Good to know and thanks for the input. I did see that one photo in the 30u-2 ops manual but it looked different like ya said.

I have not taken measurements but if I recall there is a placard or sticker that says 30u-3. Will try and re evaluate this weekend. I did see the photos of the gauge cluster in the ops manual and the 35u-2s were pretty different if I recall. Who knows with these foreign machines though.

Another thing someone maybe the dealer I got it from put the hyd thumb on the right foot pedal (left is not hooked up to anything) and then there is a toggle switch mounted lower right side that switches the pedal to boom swing. Think I would rather have that as a normal rocker switch on the panel to the right of the seat. Mine only has two rocker switches (rabbit mode and another for lights). Should be able to add one for swapping from thumb to boom swing I would think.

Quint

In post 6 of this thread I posted a picture of my machine. Was curious if anyone knows the type of wedge coupler that is installed. The bucket and thumb are sany which makes sense (the dealer I got it at is a kubota/sany dealer). Was just trying to look around for deals on other buckets but not seeing that same type of coupler anywhere. Even searching for Sany couplers shows the pin type or some other type of quick connect coupler.

Thanks for any input.

Quint

Yeah the bucket and thumb tags has the Sany info. Unfortunately I wont be near it till this weekend and dont recall what the model numbers and such are.

Tags

Try looking up Weldco Beales on the web, it looks like their coupler and that’s what Deer/Hitachi minis typically are equipped with and yours looks the same.

Quint

Try looking up Weldco Beales on the web, it looks like their coupler and that’s what Deer/Hitachi minis typically are equipped with and yours looks the same.

Will do thanks.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
Odds are it’s compatible with the Deere... remove the bucket and take pics and measurements.
I’m installing a Deere wedge quick coupler this weekend and can get you pics/measurements to compare.

Allan M

Occupation
Semi-retired: Strategic planner/author
FYI. Recommended oils for my 12.8k pound Kubota U55-4. I use the Shell Spirax for final drives and Mobil EP2 grease. Good luck with your machine. AIMG_1748.jpeg IMG_1749.jpeg

Quint

Thanks Allan.
Weekend before last got oil/filter, air filter, hydraulic filters, final drive gear oil changed and greased everything. Didnt get the hydraulic oil changed yet but will do that next weekend. Tightened up the tracks to within spec. The final drive oil looked like crap, imagine its probably been in there for a real long time but it was atleast full to spec so that was good. What tiny bit of gears I could see with flashlight looked good.

Spent the first weekend clearing out a couple bamboo brushes. Why people randomly plant bamboo is beyond me. Stuff is horribly difficult to get rid of permanently.

Second weekend got about half of back yard area cleared out which consisted of moving several large rocks, tearing out about 3 stumps, ripping out rotten split rail fence with attached chicken/dog house thing, and moving bunch of dirt to try and level out the area. Machine seemed to work pretty good considering the operator has about 3 hrs under my belt. Not gonna pull stumps real easy but I have time to work at them for a while and sure as heck beats doing it by hand. Was pretty happy I could pick up and move the biggest rock in the yard which was few feet long. All the others are about half that size so it should work out ok.

Quint

Forgot one thing.

So when greasing the machine I noticed that the bucket cylinder where it attaches to the bucket link (hope I got those right) there is a raised boss around the zerk fitting. The zerk seems to be at an angle and I cant get the grease gun on it or a socket to get it out and rethread it due to being to close to the raised boss on one side. On the right side there is another zerk fitting on that same pin. Is it possible to get enough grease in there from the side fitting or are both necessary to get good grease throughout that pin.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
Forgot one thing.

So when greasing the machine I noticed that the bucket cylinder where it attaches to the bucket link (hope I got those right) there is a raised boss around the zerk fitting. The zerk seems to be at an angle and I cant get the grease gun on it or a socket to get it out and rethread it due to being to close to the raised boss on one side. On the right side there is another zerk fitting on that same pin. Is it possible to get enough grease in there from the side fitting or are both necessary to get good grease throughout that pin.
Think somebody put an angled fitting on there when a straight is needed? I’d try to remove and put the right fitting in.... until then, more grease in the end of the pin