• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ZX135UX or Komatsu PC-138US?

samson09

In the market for a 30K lbs short/zero tail swing excavator with thumb and push blade...considering these 2...demoed the PC-138 and liked it. I own a PC-200/thumb and like it. Not familiar with the Hitachi but heard good things...waiting on that demo. Any input from good seat time in these or other machines similar size? Thanks guys.

Been using the komatsu at my place for the last week. Seems like a nice machine but burns a ton of fuel. Substantially worse than a jd 120. It's a 50 gallon tank and I run in economy mode and about 60% throttle. It'll run thru 3/4 tank in 10-12 hrs. Really surprised me. Don't know if its due to the emissions or what but its getting expensive to operate. Besides that it seems like a nice machine. A/c can't keep up either in the Texas heat. I've used two identical machines. One with 900 hrs the other with 1700.

Brett