• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi exe200 lc-s hydraulic problem stallin out engine

akcody907

also got the DP sensor for the hitachi ex200-3 from China which is still working fine, got a new throttle box for our CAT 320 from the same place which is giving us issues tho, the auto idle doesn't kick back up the way it should, have to turn the knob instead, it's extremely aggravating.

naheed

hi i have a similar problem with my ex 200-3 hope someone can help me with this, the engine stalls when boom,arm and bucket functions are operated(but when cylinder bottoms at end when relief valve blows the engine does not overload and stall) but tracks and swing system is ok!i have checked and replaced both the controllers(pvc and throttle) also replaced the dp sensor,angle sensor,and both solenoids on pump!but the problem is still there im wondering now is it hydraulic or electrical?

shopguy

Mine does similar but it only pulls engine down some when you pull lever just a bit then frees up when you pull more ,just in that spot close to neutral that loads it up, like you said only on Bucket ,Boom, Arm .Hope somone will come to our rescue.

naheed

yup hope someone comes to the rescue! with your problem have you checked the pilot pump pressure it should read 40 bar at idle and same at full rpm? that might be an issue im guessing!what model is yours?

rgl726

There are 3 parts to check with this problem.

Angle sensor
Rpm sensor
High speed solenoid

Stalling means your pump swash is at full angle.

You need dr. zx to easily detect this problem.

Last edited:

rgl726

hi i have a similar problem with my ex 200-3 hope someone can help me with this, the engine stalls when boom,arm and bucket functions are operated(but when cylinder bottoms at end when relief valve blows the engine does not overload and stall) but tracks and swing system is ok!i have checked and replaced both the controllers(pvc and throttle) also replaced the dp sensor,angle sensor,and both solenoids on pump!but the problem is still there im wondering now is it hydraulic or electrical?

Changing the parts without proper configuration settings will not solved the problem.

You need to set the angle sensor properly.

naheed

thanks for the help rgl 726! more info on configuration would great.ive tried all possible settings with the angle sensor but not helping with the stalling! checked the high speed solenoids they both working how can i check the speed sensor? i bought all parts from china would that be an issue with the stalling?much appreciated with your help

naheed

unfortunately im in kenya and cant find anyone here with dr ex to help me. anyway ive played around with the angle sensor and dp sensor(old and new) but not solving the problem with engine stalling! put in a new pressure sensor and rpm sensor but no difference plus got the complete wiring harness out, cleaned it checked it and completely insulated it unfortunately again no difference. i dont see any probs with electrical because ive literaly checked everything now and found another problem when using two controls at the same time boom up and any other function bucket or arm the boom up stops operating im thinking its wrong piping somewhere. hope someone would be king enough to help me out here and possible emailing me piping diagrams that would be a much appreciated help!

shopguy

I think that pump has a small 4 bolt plate on the bottom that can be rotated 180 degrees to lock the pump stroke at 8 degrees (1/3 of max. output) then unplug both pump solenoids and she will stay at that setting,that will tell you if you have electrical or hydraulic trouble also put a 6000 psi guage in pump del.test port check pr in neutral and when she stalls '. Everyone says all trouble with thees hitachi's is electrical so check it good.
Hope this helps

naheed

hey thanks changed the bottom plate around and you were right the engine doesnt stall except when bottoming out a cylinder.checked pressures its 45 bar at no control and about 300 bar at load. so does this mean its electrical?? but why does it still stall at cylinder bottom? still trying to figure out why boom up and any other function stops boom up? would be a great help if i could get some piping diagrams off someone or i could also buy a traning manual if anyone selling?

shopguy

Ok clear me up here , by stall do you mean that it completely dies when any cyl. is bottomed out and the pr. is 300bar when it does ?
You can get books at(johndeeretechinfo.com)but look at e bay for used .

KenAl

How did you adjust the angle sensor? The centre punch mark on the angle sensor shaft should be 180 degrees away from the harness. To adjust it unplug your high speed solenoids and wait for the leakage of them to make the pump go into full stroke. Then measure from the centre wire of the harness to the ground wire of the harness and adjust to 4.4 volts. "make sure your bottom plate is in the normal position".
Take the angle sensor off pull the little clip that the angle sensor shaft sits in. Then take a stubby slotted screwdriver and see if you can turn the shaft. It should not move at all. What you are looking for there is to see if the feed back link has broken.
FYI The LED on the PVC (Pump Valve Computer) The normal flash is about 1 second on, 1 second off. That is saying there is no active codes. Now a short flash is worth 1 and a long flash is worth 10. So you could have fault code 22. 2 long flashes followed by 2 short flashes. If you have more than one code lets say 22 and 23. Then you will have 2 long then 2 short then 2 long then 3 short then it will continue on a loop. Your best bet for fixing it is to have someone with experience on these machines help you. By this I mean an experienced EX-2 or 3 Hitachi/Deere mechanic as they are completely different from any other models. The manual can be very confusing and DrEX unless you have experience on it can give you the run around.

naheed

yes with the plate turned 180 around engine doesnt stall but when bottoming any cylinder the pressure gets to almost 300 bar when stalling begins then pressure drops! what do these machines main relief pressures run at?