• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ex60-3 hydraulic pipe fittings

cjmc

hi all
Are all the pipes on my ex60-3 either ORFS or JIC?
Is there any other types used?
Are the ORFS fittings metric or imperial thread?
Reason I am asking is I want to order some blanking caps and plugs as I intend to start a strip down and rebuild of the digger soon and I want to be able blank off the various pipes and fittings that will need to be disconnected to prevent contamination.
Thanks

mutti_wilson

I'm still waiting on some fittings so I can't 100% verify but I think the control valve threads are BSPP and there is a BSPP-JIC fitting on each port. That's on my EX60-2. Other than that it's ORFS and JIC.

cjmc

I'm still waiting on some fittings so I can't 100% verify but I think the control valve threads are BSPP and there is a BSPP-JIC fitting on each port. That's on my EX60-2. Other than that it's ORFS and JIC.
Thanks for the reply mutti
So the Fittings on the control valve are JIC facing the hose and bspp threading into the control valve ports?
Thanks

uffex

Occupation
Admin
As to the best of my information ORFS only come in imperial size
Uffex
upload_2020-11-3_20-44-50.png

cjmc

As to the best of my information ORFS only come in imperial size
Uffex
View attachment 227201
Thanks, after doing a little research there it seems that ORFS and JIC both have UNF threads, which should make ordering the blanks a bit more straight forward.
I would have originally thought that hitachi, being a Japanese company, would be using metric thread, but ya learn something new every day.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day CJ
Trade you for some pickled herrings
Kind regards
Uffex

cjmc

Thanks for the replies, got them ordered up there this evening so I should have them in a few days.
As an aside anyone know the thread dimensions for installing lifting eyes into the top of the counterweight for lifting it off?
I removed one of the plastic caps today, it’s bigger than m24 so thinking it’s m27, don’t know if it’s coarse or fine thread?
Thanks

lantraxco

Should not be JIC from Japan, but anything is possible. Valves and pumps from Japan are often made under license and so will have standard SAE ORB thread and O-ring dimensions. Cone fittings from Japan are often JIS, reverse cone usually DIN or BSPP.