• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX300LC-3

alandudley

Occupation
Engineer
Hello Everyone,
I just purchased this unit and would like to find out everything I can about it. I need a service manual for sure.
SN: 15L-7633 11,600 hours
I have read all the post here about the Hitachi 300 series machine.
According to the pictures it appears to have a throttle cable attached to the pump so I am worried that it is missing some key items here. The sprockets look decent but the track bushings are shot. I am hoping I can find a used track set since this is just a farm machine. Pads look great.
I have a Cat 225D LC now but found this Hitachi at a good deal so I bought it. Need to sell the 225 if anyone is interested.

Any information is appreciated!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Alanimg5.jpg

excavator

The blue throttle cable should go to a throttle control motor located under the muffler. With the machine running if you push one of the four throttle buttons and it throttles up and back down you should be good.

alandudley

Occupation
Engineer
Thank you sir for the info. I think the pic below indicates the servo is not connected. I assume the blue cable probably goes to a manual in the cab. Are the pumps controlled electronically also? I will probably try to get the electronic throttle working anyway if I can. Anyone know where to find used parts for these things? I think I can buy new parts from Deere but who an afford those...lol.

EX300LC-3 01.jpg

Mbar

I’ve been buying some parts off eBay with good luck. Get some form of a manual before fooling with the throttle. Yes the pump is controlled electronically. There are people on here that know far more about the -3 machines than myself. I’ve been dealing with a few lately. Do you homework first. You can fry a controller in a heartbeat if you are not carefully

alandudley

Occupation
Engineer
Thanks Mbar!
I noticed in the video of the machine that the boom appears to be leaking down. Is there anything other than piston seals that can cause that to happen?