• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX200-5

wsw

We have a Hitachi EX200-5 the engine speed controller is trying to increase and decrease throttle at the same time, It is a reverse polarity motor and is recieving signals to run both ways at the same time, Probably the ECM. Anyone run across this before?

Volvomad

When my 200-5 started throttle problems ,I found it worked better with one of the motor plugs removed. Before starting the machine ,I had to reset the system every time by turning on the ignition,going to full throttle,pause 5 seconds,go to idle,pause 5 seconds,then repeat this once more and then start up. It worked fine 2 years,but I have recently put in a handthrottle and cable.

cutting edge

We have a Hitachi EX200-5 the engine speed controller is trying to increase and decrease throttle at the same time, It is a reverse polarity motor and is recieving signals to run both ways at the same time, Probably the ECM. Anyone run across this before?

Stepping motors are supposed to do that. Is there a problem you are trying to fix?

wsw

I fixed the problem it was the computer. If it works better with the 3 wire plug undone then you will have to program it everytime. that tells the ecm the position of the throttle and f it works better unplugged then ou have a problem with the stepping motor

wsw

Yeah I got it gixed it was the computer but before I changed that I I went all over the wiring ( these things are bad for shorts ) and then did a continuity check with each wire from the 4 wire plug at the stepping motor to the plug at the ecm

dak74

i have a ex200-2 super machine works fine at idle speed but does nothing else will not rev up the engine what could the problem be?