• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX200-5 swing motor burst

Volvomad

The swing motor stopped working. You could hear the oil whizzing through the motor with no engine load at tick over. tried it at full throttle and it popped , splitting the top of the motor housing .It did similar 10000hours before. I stripped the motor and did not see much wrong. Any one out there have any reason for this or any info on rebuilding , as I have found a burnt housing.

Volvomad

I removed the brake springs and refitted the motor head. I would have expected a gap to compress the central spring pressing the body to the valve plate but there was no gap. Would the oil pass between them ,pressurising the housing . The leak off line is only 3/8.

lantraxco

Yes, I would expect some tension there, to preload the rotating group. Whatever that issue was it was probably why the oil was bypassing. Pictures please?

Volvomad

Thanks for the help. I think the problem started with the plate that presses the slippers against the swash plate splitting. The curved spacer above it that keeps it pressed down via the little pins that go through the pump body popped through the slipper plate so the system lost all tension and hydraulic seal .Then the case over pressurised. I have bundeled together a motor using a badly burned case and pump body/pistons and fitted it this evening. all is well but would theheat have softened the pump body/pistons? The internal spring was badly weakened so I used the one from the bust motor along with main shaft, brake parts ,top cover and new bearings. How long will it last? If I get time I will add photos to aid my poor explaination/theory.