• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Ex120 Problem

Mohd Azizi

originally this machine works well even though all the wires related to the working mode have been cut,,,and I have changed all the strainers and my plan is to make a pressure tester,,,may I know what the pressure reading is?

gilcaay79

You need the manual to replace the sensor and set the voltage properly. You can put the machine into a limp mode in order to get it home. If you look on the bottom of bothe pumps there is a four bolt cap plate over the end of the swash cylinder pistons. If you remove that plate you will see that it has a peg sticking up from the underside of the plate, if you turn the plate 90 degrees and replace it back in the hole then the pin will put the pumps into about halve swash and they will stay there the you can get the machine home if you feather the controls. As for your problem it sounds to me like the pump displacement solenoids, they tend to work fine when cold but as the machine heats up the coils break down and they quit working then the machine goes to full swash and stalls. Good luck.
Hello 3Doc do you have a service manual of ex120-3