• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX120 -> Fuel Prime pumping air. Considering replacing Lift Pump with Electric?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Those banjo bolt filters have ruined many of mechanics.!!
The pump takes a LOT of time to pull & then fighting traffic, just to slam it on my front counter..
& scream, "O/H this SOB"..
Only to be lead by the hand to my work bench, where I gingerly removed the clogged banjo bolt & hand it to the mechanic for his inspection.. which in-turn they bellowed, "Well I'll be a SOB"!!!!! {Lol}

Egetebee

Truecountry & Pump Guy,
Yeah, I had TWO of them!
I knew of the one at the fuel feed line banjo to the water separator and then discovered the second on the bottom of the lift pump from the water separator.

Both are clean now and the machine is running like a champ, albeit the water separator is on my work bench but should have a replacement coming in the next week or so.
Fuel tank is clean as a whistle, lines are new and fuel is double filtered so I've got a little time.

Thanks for thinking of me,
E

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Those banjo bolt filters have ruined many of mechanics.!!
The pump takes a LOT of time to pull & then fighting traffic, just to slam it on my front counter..
& scream, "O/H this SOB"..
Only to be lead by the hand to my work bench, where I gingerly removed the clogged banjo bolt & hand it to the mechanic for his inspection.. which in-turn they bellowed, "Well I'll be a SOB"!!!!! {Lol}
I dont miss much and always willing to learn I will ask questions even stupid ones
...the clogged banjo fitting I saw I was letting my tech do the job while I was working on another machine and was watching him get more and more pissed getting to the point boss was going to order a injection pump ..I said nope let me finish and have a look
I went to first fitting in line supply side on water fuel separator asked u check this yes I had flow from tank from hose ok did you check fitting no I had fuel ……………...removed banjo fitting and half of a grass hoppers body was in it …...how did it get there I dont know ..ive found knotted rags in tanks to a clay dirt ball and heard of latex gloves fingers I guess being pinched off in hoses...**** will Happen and Think out side the Box ….Air fuel and compression ...its simple to a point