• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ex120-2 travel speed issue

maineplower

When I change the track speed the green rabbit/turtle light changes but the track speed doesn’t seem to change. Any ideas what to look at? Thanks

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Check your fuses first. If all is good there then you might have an issue either with the two speed solenoid or a bad pressure switch/wiring on the main pump. If you have or know someone with Dr ZX or MPDr, that would make troubleshooting a whole lot easier.

maineplower

I don’t have the diagnostic tools. I will check the fuse. Where is the solenoid located? Thanks

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Do all the other functions work OK?

If the pressure switch on the pump sends a signal higher than is actually there might keep your travel functions in turtle mode.

There are 8 solenoids mounted in a valve on cab side next to the main control valve. The travel speed solenoid should be the front solenoid on the bottom row. It should be approximately 23 ohms if you measure the resistance.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
If you are stuck in high speed then I would concentrate on the solenoid and it's wiring. A defective solenoid, no voltage to the solenoid or a stuck solenoid valve could keep you in high speed. Do you have hydraulic gauges?

955cat

. I’m having the same problem with 120-2 travel stuck in high , new to forum tried to post but didn’t show. What did you find was your problem ?

maineplower

I haven’t figured it out yet. Been busy with other things, I’m going to look at it soon. Let us know if you figure yours out.

TVA

Might be mistaken, but JD/Hitachi uses PWM to regulate the travel speed. Might be that driver or amplifier is malfunctioning and switched to full DC current.