1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hitachi ex120-2 travel speed issue

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by maineplower, Feb 21, 2021.

1. maineplower

maineplower Member

When I change the track speed the green rabbit/turtle light changes but the track speed doesn’t seem to change. Any ideas what to look at? Thanks

2. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Check your fuses first. If all is good there then you might have an issue either with the two speed solenoid or a bad pressure switch/wiring on the main pump. If you have or know someone with Dr ZX or MPDr, that would make troubleshooting a whole lot easier.

anuradha and LACHAU like this.
  3. maineplower

maineplower Member

I don’t have the diagnostic tools. I will check the fuse. Where is the solenoid located? Thanks

4. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Do all the other functions work OK?

If the pressure switch on the pump sends a signal higher than is actually there might keep your travel functions in turtle mode.

There are 8 solenoids mounted in a valve on cab side next to the main control valve. The travel speed solenoid should be the front solenoid on the bottom row. It should be approximately 23 ohms if you measure the resistance.

anuradha likes this.
  5. maineplower

maineplower Member

Yes all the other functions are fine. It seems to be stuck in fast speed

6. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

If you are stuck in high speed then I would concentrate on the solenoid and it's wiring. A defective solenoid, no voltage to the solenoid or a stuck solenoid valve could keep you in high speed. Do you have hydraulic gauges?

7. maineplower

maineplower Member

No I don’t have gauges. When I get a chance I will look at the solenoid. Thanks