• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX 60 no dash

Square knot

Hi all, I've been gleaning info off here for years but have never posted. There is so much info here it's really a great resource. Thank you all for past and future help.
I have a hitachi ex 60 no dash. Grey market probably. Loosing gear oil out of the swing motor. It's not hydraulic fluid leaking. Does any one know where I can find a good illustrated parts breakdown?
It's a good little machine. I think the paint job saved me some money when I bought it.

Attachments

• 20221121_150711.jpg
    20221121_150711.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19

excavator

It's a Dash 1. There used to be one like that located about 3 miles from me. The story was that machines used close by any Japanese schools were required to be painted to look like animals so as to not scare the children, thus the giraffe look. Check the swing gearbox oil level, there should be a dip stick on the front of the gearbox. If you're leaking gear oil out the rotec bearing you likely have a bad swing gear box lower seal.

Square knot

Good day
Dash 1 may help.
Kind regards
Uffex
View attachment 274251
Thanks for the breakdown. I'm going to grab a gasket set and slap in in when warmer weather hits. I think it might be the gasket that sits on the house. Oil leaks out then runs under cylinder area. Right now I put the oil next to woodstove then add before I use it. I've heard that story before also, just never seen one till I saw this one. The extendahoe definitely adds some weight to the boom but man is it handy.