• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX 200LC-2 (Online Parts,Manuals, Deere Equivalent?)

Mainiac89

Hello Gents,

Brandon here. I recently purchased a 1996 Hitachi EX200LC-2 machine to do some land clearing for a new home. My father in law owns a large construction company but uses mostly CAT's and Kobelco so he's not much help with my machine.

It currently has a manual thumb which I plan to add hydraulic controls and a cylinder to. It also needs some minor service work (pins bushings, fixing oil leaks, etc)

1. I am looking for an online parts search site and have been unsuccessful so far. Does one exist for Hitachi or Deere Excavators?

2. Which John Deere Model would compare to the 1996 EX200-2? During my reading on this forum i have found that sometimes Hitachi and Deere built the same excavators with different model numbers and the parts are interchangeable. Is that the case for this model as well?

3. Even if i have to search my own manuals to find the part numbers is there a good place online to price check/purchase directly.

Many Thanks! Great Forum.

jonno634

Occupation
Farmer
I figured someone that knew should reply... but since no one has, I have a (1996) JD 892E and its equilivant to a Hitachi EX300LC-3 machine I believe.

excavator

Deere/Hitachi machines were comparable except for the 200 size. For what ever reason Deere continued to make the 690 which is completely different than the Hitachi 200. You can still get Hitachi parts from Deere and I believe their new parts website lists the Hitachi parts manuals. I will have to check on that.

excavator

Deere/Hitachi machines were comparable except for the 200 size. For what ever reason Deere continued to make the 690 which is completely different than the Hitachi 200. You can still get Hitachi parts from Deere and I believe their new parts website lists the Hitachi parts manuals. I will have to check on that.
Yes, I just checked the Deere parts site, type in EX200LC-2 and it comes up.

Mainiac89

Thanks for the reply guys. Go figure i bought the only machine that doesn't have a comparable Deere machine as well. When i add parts to the shopping cart it doesn't give me a price or availability for my dealer. Is this the case with everyone dealers? What does everyone do, fill their cart and send the list to their local parts guys for pricing?

I am piecing together the hydraulics to change over my thumb from Manual to Hydraulic and looking for pricing on the hard lines for the boom. If they are cheap enough i will purchase through Deere. If not im going to use 1" hydraulic tubing and EO-JIC fittings to build the lines myself.

excavator

To get prices you have to be set up with your local dealer, usually not a big thing. Just make your own lines as Deere/Hitachi did not come from the factory with a thumb so no lines available there.

Mainiac89

Best place to source the material for the lines? hydraulic shop? Should be just a standard 1" steel line with minimum 3,000 psi rating correct? I plan to use Stauff clamps to secure them to the boom and hose jumpers at the knuckle, boom tip, and MCV? I don't see an issue with this do you?

excavator

Sounds good and yes, a hydraulic shop should be able to help you out. The only thing I'd probably change is going with a little heavier tube since you're planning to do some land clearing. I know nothing is supposed to hit the boom but....

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hello Gents,

Brandon here. I recently purchased a 1996 Hitachi EX200LC-2 machine to do some land clearing for a new home. My father in law owns a large construction company but uses mostly CAT's and Kobelco so he's not much help with my machine.

It currently has a manual thumb which I plan to add hydraulic controls and a cylinder to. It also needs some minor service work (pins bushings, fixing oil leaks, etc)

1. I am looking for an online parts search site and have been unsuccessful so far. Does one exist for Hitachi or Deere Excavators?

2. Which John Deere Model would compare to the 1996 EX200-2? During my reading on this forum i have found that sometimes Hitachi and Deere built the same excavators with different model numbers and the parts are interchangeable. Is that the case for this model as well?

3. Even if i have to search my own manuals to find the part numbers is there a good place online to price check/purchase directly.

Shoot me a pm .

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hello Gents,

I just emailed you the parts and service manuals with a few other helpful books .

EZ Repair

Hello tool_king, I'm new to the forum and have a Hitachi EX200-2 with electrical problems, I think.
could I please get a copy or picture of location of dr.zx/dr.ex connector also what software version for dr.zx connect to ex200-2, also any reference will be nice
email is ezayco@gmail.com, thanks in advance

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hello tool_king, I'm new to the forum and have a Hitachi EX200-2 with electrical problems, I think.
could I please get a copy or picture of location of dr.zx/dr.ex connector also what software version for dr.zx connect to ex200-2, also any reference will be nice
email is ezayco@gmail.com, thanks in advance
Take look at your fuse panel .It will be a white four pin female connection. I will get a picture and send it to you .You can use Windr to connect to it .

phoenix0509

Take look at your fuse panel .It will be a white four pin female connection. I will get a picture and send it to you .You can use Windr to connect to it .
Tool King- I am helping my son troubleshoot some electrical problems? with Hitachi ex200-2 1992,
Can you help me with manuals for this machine please. diagnostics were done by experienced technician and said one of the controllers was bad (part Engine Controller EC 9104912) this part was replaced today, which brought back hydraulics, however the throttle buttons were not active and key would not shut down machine). appreciate any help . dwmrx@hotmail.com
Thanks, David

Jakex120

Ha..seeing that pic reminds me of my busted pilot hyd lines and the ordeal to replace them last fall..hard to believe you're looking at twelve hidden hydraulic hoses..