• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EH11100 Dump truck

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
For the Hitachi I have no idea, but to give you some sort of idea on a similar size Cat truck with a C32 V12 engine and 6-speed powershift transmission the torque converter stall speed specification is 1600 ± 65 rpm. Those numbers may be way off for the Hitachi but I suspect not.

A bit more info. The Cat C32 engine is rated 1750 RPM @ Full Load, 1950 RPM @ High Idle No Load.
You said the corresponding figures for the MTU engine in the Hitachi are 2100 & 1900. So on that basis with converter stall being 150 RPM below Full Load RPM then maybe the converter stall RPM on the Hitachi could be as high as ±1750 RPM.

Hope that helps but please don't take it as gospel.

Andre van Greunen

A stalltest was done and stall speed was 1500rpm.
Sounds too low.
The transmission does not upshift from 1st gear, code 2214.
Chasing ghosts until I can get the true spec

No load engine is 2100 rpm

Andre van Greunen

Unfortunately the machine is in a remote area.
Sensors get used for other dumpers by the techs on site for testing. So its a difficult situation, I have no control of.
A dumper thats running needs to park to rob sensors back and test the one with the shift problem.