• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Dr ZX

Jonny Lehtinen

Hello. Got a WinDr cable and CD off ebay. Program seems to install, a couple windows pop up when you try to launch it, but nothing actually seems to run. Ive tried compatibility troubleshooter and still no luck. Any suggestions on anything else to try, or maybe if somebody has a different version of WinDr I can try? Any help is greatly appreicated!
I have have ordered 3 diffrent, the program seems to run, but i dont know... i dont know if anyone have got it to work

chickenminer

I never could get WinDr to work on a laptop. Always some port issue and nothing I tried worked. Finally bought one of the Palm Pilot with DrZX loaded. After figuring out the screwed up connector issue it has worked great for me. No problem reading EX machines. I have a EX200-3, a EX300-3 and a JD 330CLC and it has connected to all of them with no problem.

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
with that software if memory is correct the diag cable is a USB adapter to serial to 4 pin. windows will automatically assign the USB port number but DR.ZX only runs on ports 1-4. so you may have to reasign it.

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
I am not sure if the forum will let you put a screenshot of the software. I would be curious to see if it is the same as what I used. There have been so many names for that software. As the original Dr. ZX was handheld computer similar to what UPS uses on delivery trucks. But the original came out in the mid 90's. So I am really curious to see what you have looks like.

Kevin_SC

Did you get anywhere? I'm having the same issue

Hello. Got a WinDr cable and CD off ebay. Program seems to install, a couple windows pop up when you try to launch it, but nothing actually seems to run. Ive tried compatibility troubleshooter and still no luck. Any suggestions on anything else to try, or maybe if somebody has a different version of WinDr I can try? Any help is greatly appreicated!

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
The original Dr. ZX software had to be ran on com ports 1,2,3 or 4. Make sure the drivers are installed for such software. However there is a lot of information you get out of the dash on a Deere C & D models. Without the cable. I do not know the Hitachi models of that era!

BodyMassage

Did you get anywhere? I'm having the same issue

I managed to get a version of Dr.ZX running through the palm emulator on Win 10. As for WinDr., no. When I get the time Ill try and dual boot both Win 10 for daily stuff then have a XP/7 boot for WinDr. to see if I can get it running... Best idea I got at this point.

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
so I did have the palm pilot version back in the day. and it had a software patch that also had to be run with it. to enable a specific pin out of the palm pilot that was not normally used.

Bigdavis41

The computer version is called WinDr. Th Dr.Zx is a palm pilot version .Then their is tool call Dr EX which is the old estBoth plug into a connectors located in the fuse box .One is called MIC and the other is ISX.The interface tool can be bought from you local Hitachi/Deere dealer.Part number 4476512 it will have the four pin plug on it .Then the is a six pin cable part number 3108616 that plugs right from the machine to the laptop.I use all three versions.I have the DrZX and WinDR software if you need it.
thanks
Ed
Just bought 4476512 interface tool. It comes with power supply plug does it not need it to work or does it.