• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hit a rock with this!!!

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Its like high speed maintenance grading:)

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
I have been told by the local dealer here in Indiana they cant give one of these away. I see one from their store going from contractor to contractor on demo but no one seems to be buying.

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
I have been told by the local dealer here in Indiana they cant give one of these away. I see one from their store going from contractor to contractor on demo but no one seems to be buying.

It seems to me it would be hard to be productive at high speed. maybe if you are grading a golf course.

Auctioneerhere

Not for everyday use...I am curious to see the first one sold at a RB Auction. Curious to see the demand.

vapor300

The outfit i work for has a few of them, and will have at lest one on are next job, i think they can come in handy for some things.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
Deere had be advertising them as pan tractors but I have yet to see one with a pan on the back.

Dualie

something else that looked great on paper but is going to have one hell of a time catching on. might have a niche in pre leveling farm fields before the final laser level MAYBE.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
not this thing AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Has been on here at least three or four times under different threads. Scraper tractor? You got to be kidding. Lots of people have found out how Challengers worked when they got them out the of top soil and light clay.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
I take it you have "seat time" on this so go ahead and enlighten us as to its capabilities............

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
vapor300, no I don't have any seat time on one of these. However I have been around rubber tracks working in the rock and have seen what happens there. Rubber is rubber, rock is rock and if you are smart "narry the two shall meet." Kind of like we all know what happens when a rubber tire machine gets put in the sand. Sooner or later it gets stuck. Most of the time sooner.

alco

Why are you so hung up that it has to work in rock? It wasn't designed for rock, anybody should be able to figure that out.

vapor300

No kidding, rubber tracks and spinning in rock, ud have to be brain dead if you put this machine in rock. As for seat time no, put will get the chance to run one this spring, we already hve one sitting on are job, i think it would come in handy working with 10-15 9630's with pans, it can go run the slope in the cut then, put it in high gear and run to the fill knock the fill down and straighten the slopes up in the fill, instead of having a 6 spend 30 mins to track from the fill to the cut, this thing can do it in 2. So say you have to go back and fourth from the fill to the cut 4 times a day, you lost 2 hrs of run time with the 6.

And have you ever worked around the steiger quadtraxs??? If so then you know what them things can go threw, i assume this thing is just as good in the mudd as the quads. But will know more this spring.