• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hireowneroperators.com

BrianHay

I hesitated before posting this but after reading the rules it's ok, right on, thanks Steve. Once it gets rolling (depending on the cost to be of course) I would like to be a sponsor.

rules said:
A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.
http://heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/rules/ForumRules.htm

...Introducing hireowneroperators.com a multi site network of Owner/Operators of Heavy Equipment.

It is a thought I have been pondering for quite some time. Every time I do a search for something and the top results are a large corporations with a large advertising budget that can pay thousands for their website or results from classifieds with a huge data bases of posts...... I think of building a network of Owner/Operator websites that share a common data base that works much the same as a data base of classifieds but instead of your classified add showing on the first page it would be your website. And not just a sub domain or an ad, yourbusiness.com with no indication of it being part of a larger network. I figured out how to do it and I am building it.

The first site in the network is my own of course, spyderhoe.ca Just got the layout finished tonight....check out how I am doing in the searches already :) Google me. I am based in Nanaimo and I am an Excavating and Landscaping Contractor. My site is on the first page of Google already for the terms I want. Yours can be too for your area and before long, as the network grows not just the first page, first place.

Now no doubt no one wants to be part of an empty network. So, half price what it says on hireowneroperators.com for the first 10 sites to sign up to help get it going. Your site will be online in 48 hours or less after you email me. It will go online with the default theme as soon as your domain name is registered. And then, if you so choose I will have your complete custom layout done in one week or less. Just send me the content you want....what to say on your home, about, services pages and descriptions of the pictures you send me.

I could ramble on forever but I don't want to bore you with technicalities of how it works, I would rather go to work on it and pop in to answer questions when I can :)

I am kind of jumping the gun here because nether my site or the main one is finished yet but I wanted to get some feed back from my friends at HEF as I am building it....What do you think guys? Good idea or what?

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
You offer a lot more with your network approach than just a website. Looks like an ambitious undertaking to say the least.
Best of luck,
Rob

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
...Introducing hireowneroperators.com a multi site network of Owner/Operators of Heavy Equipment.
What do you think guys? Good idea or what?

Brilliant idea in my opinion, are you going for a worldwide audiance/contacts or are you aiming small, like half the planet to start with :D

I will have to go on ebay now and have a peek, might have just found the wife another Christmas prezzie ;)

BrianHay

Thanks for the replies!

I'm thinking big Rob, world domination! :D As it grows I will continually re organize and structure it to accomidate every region I get interest from.

I am really excited about it, I think it has some serious potential and has something to offer everyone. Right now I am working on adding tutorials for those that want to build their own site in the network (you can do it yourself or have me do it in whole or part). So far I have 25 of the 104 tutorials added to the menu. If you check them out don't be intimidated. There is far more information there than you need to know. But it is there if you want to know it. I am going to add the tutorials to every website in the network. Visitors wont see them though, only the site owner. And how they work is really neat. When you go into your admin zone every page will have a side bar with helpful tips and a link to the full tutorial for that part of your admin zone. It will make it really easy for people to do it themselves. I do all the hard stuff like the initial install and setup. Then I turn it over to the site owner and adding/updating your own content is not much harder then putting up a forum post. Then I also check in on it once in a while and do a little behind scenes optimizing for you to be sure the search engines like it and everything is functioning as it should.

Haha That would be a great Christmas present for her Rob. You may be able to get it really cheap too, no bids on it yet.

BrianHay

I am sure some of you have noticed that my sites have gone offline....I have been off line since Dec 1. I went through some very serious hard times and could not pay for them anymore....I likely should have posted sooner and probably would have got some help to keep them but I didn't and the domain name hireowneroperators.com is now gone and likely will cost thousands of dollars to buy it back. Well established domains are watched closely and bought up for resale when they expire. The domain I paid $12 for has been bought up. I dunno the cost to buy it back, likely more than I want to pay.

I am back online now though and can rebuild the same site with the same great concept and even better now from what I have learned. hireowneroperators.com has been offline for 4 months but still has 203 pages indexed in Google at time of this posting...I think that says a lot. I want to rebuild it. I will have to come up with a new domain name to rebuild the network, sugestions?

Who want's a website? I need a $100 to get started working on it and it will be back online in less than a week. Liftetime subscription. I will have your site online within 3 days after recieveing all I need from you...cash (paypal works best for me but I am open), descrition of the services you provide and pictures if you have them. I will check on this thread frequently and devide that $100 between everyone who replies before I reply to the first person. Each site will be built in succession, first reply, first built, three days each.