• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Highway log trucks.

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi. Yes they are spring assisted. 1 piece of chain attached to bottom of extension, then the spring , then another piece of chain, this one is attached to bottom of main bunk, usally a slot so spring tension can be adjusted. I attached some pictures of a set of bunks I made for 1/25 scale model. Gives you the idea how the set up works. Go to Arctic trailers web site, they have a parts cataloge, in there there are good pictures and drawings of the parts that go into the bunks.

525isx

Occupation
log trucker
thanks for the reply. looked at arctic web site & parts book. neat to get insight on the differences between the Canadian and west coast U.S. equipment looks like your highway trucks must pack pretty heavy loads, the trailers look fairly heavy at least. thanks again, 525

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi Camptramp.Thanks for that. Those are from one that I finished years ago. T-800& Profab Tridem Thanks Doug.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
boardbysled, those barge pics are great! skadill, I love that "vintage" truck old truck with those awesome tall stakes and the x-one tires, incredible use of old and new, I would love to see more of there trucks or more of just that one!................TIO

Silvio

The number of logging trucks from the BC interior is increasing. Pretty interesting seeing them as they are set up differently than our island trucks. This Freightliner really caught my attention as it's a cabover super B logging truck, don't think I've ever seen that type here before. Anybody know why the invasion of trucks from the interior?

EL Bernier Enterprises by West Coast Motorhead, on Flickr

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
I don't know who's doing the logging this year ,but for the last couple of years a company by the name of Rogua has been showing up from the Interior at their spring break up and log a set quota out past Sooke probably for Timberwest then heading home . Some of the trucks are different this year , if they are hauling from the woods they need a large landing to turn around in . The cab over is unusual but the B-Train trailers a quite common in the Interior , they buck a lot of there wood short , two sets of bunks on the first trailer and one set of bunks on second trailer ,they load over the side with a button top loader and don't take long to load them up and their on there way

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
HI, I've seen the Rogua name on few trucks around here this year. The set -up I've never seen before is the tandem jeep with one set of fixed bunks up front and a swivel bunk at the back with a short pole trailer attached. The company that I did the B-train model for actually haul 4 stacks, 2 on first and 2 on second. My friend up in Quesnel had 3 stacks on a quad axle trailer,pulled by a tri-drive with 2 stacks, this all for the short stuff for China.

Silvio

This is all very interesting. Isn't there enough local trucks to do the work? I haven't seen the Rogua trucks yet, but I've seen 4 of Bewza's trucks in Duncan, they're from Kamloops as well.

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi. A bunch of these guys are staying at Sookey Sams, trucks are parked down by bridge , loaded at night and I saw their service pulling in there just now. Back in my Dad's day you went highway hauling at breakup. Doug.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
The number of logging trucks from the BC interior is increasing. Pretty interesting seeing them as they are set up differently than our island trucks. This Freightliner really caught my attention as it's a cabover super B logging truck, don't think I've ever seen that type here before. Anybody know why the invasion of trucks from the interior?

EL Bernier Enterprises by West Coast Motorhead, on Flickr
I can't believe you guys don't have self stacking B doubles and triples. In Australia even some A trailers have a hinged chassis which self stack. With these trailers the driver does the lot from the cab, the turntable(5th wheel) remains coupled as do the air hoses and light wires.
Any doubters check out Elphinstone's web site elphinstone.com.au:)

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Umm, my stuff up, the web address for Elphinstone Engineering is( elph.com.au )

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Like the color and log riggin painted to match, most guys here just Trem Clad Black the trailer and bunks.:drinkup

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
yeah the cab and hood are getting repainted soon, the maroon on the cab is going to be changed to the same gray as on the step box behind the fuel tanks