• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hi! just posted long-winded request on 850 Case

carcat

Little info on us---we're both 67, just retired in last 6 months, bought my Dad's crawler he used digging pits for his oil drilling company, it was originally orange (possibly a State unit), then painted yellow (hoses, wires, etc!). I call her Callie
because of the splotched, speckled paint, rust and bare metal (sue me, I'm a woman!). She has had many mods done prior to my dad's purchase. Looks like the 6-way blade was a addition, from the welds mounting things to the back of the blade, the left cylinder looks original, but the right is a later retrofit (position as seen from the operator position). Some hoses seem to be too long, one brake master looks like a old replacement, the other is original (and frozen). But she sounds strong (a can has always been over the exhaust), and until the subject of my first post, we were having a blast pulling massive dead trees. Hope we can keep her going!

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Let me be first to greet you. Thanks for posting an intro. Look forward to hearing about your adventures with Callie. She sounds like a helluva machine.

Allow me to take you on a trip. To a place very unique. Where heavy equipment enthusiasts come together and conversations peak!

Hang out on the HEF, where opinions are the norm. From Truck Shop to John C. , they’ve got it going on.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Welcome to the best forum from the SW Pacific. Case sold plenty of dozers down here.

carcat

Thanks for the welcome. Hope to pick brains and experience to keep her going. It's been an education so far!

TCat

Welcome to HEF. These folks here can definitely help you out. You'll want to figure out how to post pics when you ask questions if possible. ( I saw in your other thread that you're more hardware savvy than tech savvy) Depending on the question, sometimes pics help these guys a lot. Also make sure you give them your serial number when you post a question, as it helps the pros with helping you.

carcat

I'll get that serial # as soon I can. I see the 'attach files' on the screen as I type, so got to get the photos I have in my laptop. Mainly pulling/pushing trees right now; no close-ups yet.

carcat

Callie also has no brakes, which takes some finesse to move where my husband wants to go. Brakes are a long way down on the 'to do' list. Need to measure the wear as described to another poster. Tracks/plates have missing or loose bolts (all on one track that we can see) so that needs addressed. Have to wait for nephew to bring fluid---any thought on the type?

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Stay out of the way! Callie ain’t got no brakes or rear view mirror.