• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hi from VA

jalewis

Hi, I'm Josh. I'm from Richmond, VA. I've been a member here for a couple years, but have only been lurking. I've really enjoyed looking through the different threads and typically glance through the CTL, and transportation sections. My family owns 100+ acres about 35 minutes from Richmond and have a couple pieces of equipment:

Kubota L39
Kubota SVL75
Bobcat T300
Kubota ZD331
Kubota RTV900

The local Kubota dealership really likes us! The L39 has been around for quite a while and it was used for building maintenance at the family owned business that I work for. The CTLs are used for cleaning up the property. We've got a whole pile of attachments from grapples to a stump grinder. Anyway, just figured I'd say hi.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Hi, I'm Josh. I'm from Richmond, VA. I've been a member here for a couple years, but have only been lurking

Josh,

Several years ago I spent some time down in your area working on some equipment at a quarry the company I work for used to own. It was I believe in the Doswell area Verdon Plant. Just a little bit west of I95 and Kings Dominion Amusement Park. Seems like it was back in the mid to late `70's. Another time I was up a little north in Fredericksburg at another quarry. That was back in the days they let us work on our own equipment, now the bosses like to farm out work we have done for decades!

NewAtIt6604

I have a wooded property with rough terrain. I need some equipment to manage the property - trail maintenance, grading my gravel driveway, carrying chopped wood, etc. Is a utility vehicle or a small tractor appropriate? Any advice on which equipment would be best?

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Personally, I'd go for the small tractor with an FEL. You can use it for everything, and add implements as needed. (Or as your budget allows.) A utility vehicle (Unless its a $38k tool cat, will be limited to carrying things around, most of them don't have any real capacity for road grading with out a 3pt hitch setup.

I have a wooded property with rough terrain. I need some equipment to manage the property - trail maintenance, grading my gravel driveway, carrying chopped wood, etc. Is a utility vehicle or a small tractor appropriate? Any advice on which equipment would be best?

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Greetings Atl66. You didn't mention how much money you would like to spend
Also if you could do some repairs or have some done reasonably.
Google Ford Tractor 4140 or Ford backhoe 1841 just to see the options
some have a live pto some don't. Looks for the diesel engine.
Lots of ford parts around