• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hey guys I need your input!

Craftybigdog

Hey guys a lady contacted me and she wants me to level out her back yard. Its 33000 sq. ft. and its real bumpy and just all weeds(not tall). I was gonna use my skid steer with a harley rake what would you price this at. She doesnt want dirt brought in. No drainage issues just real bumpy. Thanks alot!

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
I don't know what you get for a skidsteer down your way, around here they get around $600 a day with an operator. If it costs you $200 a day to rest a harley rake, you gotta make something on that. Steve has a harley rake, maybe he can chime in. Personally, i'd say probably $1000 a day.

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
How big are the bumps? It may be a dozerblade instead of a Harley Rake, don't get me wrong Harley Rakes are great, but they can't do everything if the bumps are too big..

Craftybigdog

They are not that big I mean a harley would do it, I was just trying to get a ball park figure that you guys charge.

cat320

Charter Member
Jason I would price it out for the whole job and not by the hour. Now as far as pricing how long do you think it would take you to do the job ? now you said there is tall weeds does she want to see plain dirt when your done or does she just want it flat and if there are weeds sticking up that's ok? then as far as the rake cost well that would be extra and I would add that price on if by the hour or if by the job figure in the rental plus some profit on for it ,for pick up an return of it.

Pricing don't really know what the rates are down there Up here for your size machine it would be around $50 and hour with operator .

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
I do these quite a bit, often with more established lawns, that have settled and moved over the years. I always price it by the square foot or square yard of area to the customer, all the time thinking of what I need to make per hour. As Brian said a SS with op runs $600 a day, make a little on the specialty (harley rake) and as others have said I would say you should do it for around $1000.

When I did the estimate to the customer I would do it at a certain amount (cents) per sq. ft. Makes the customer feel good to think they are paying such a small amount per sq. ft. as opposed to $50+ per hour of labor. I also never make the amount come to an even numver. be a little below or above the $1000 mark. Just my opinion, sounds like a pretty straight forward job.