1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hetronic wireless remote

Discussion in 'Cranes' started by bam1968, Jan 5, 2020.

1. bam1968

bam1968 Senior Member

Excavating Contractor
    A few weeks ago I bought a service truck that has an Altec D800 crane on it that has a Hetronic wireless remote. The crane seems to work fine with the manual controls but I can't get the wireless remote to do anything. I don't have the model number of the remote with me at the moment but it looks to be fairly simple in design. I'm guessing I'm not doing something right to get it to work. Anybody out there know the procedure to get this to work? What I have tried so far is... It has a key switch mounted below the manual controls. When I switch it on it activates something and the pressure gauge goes up and when I turn the remote on a green light comes on and there is a buzzing noise from the remote but none of the functions work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. highwayghost

highwayghost Senior Member

Emissions Analyst
    Some kind of button to hold down for a dead man switch? Low battery in the wireless?

3. bam1968

bam1968 Senior Member

Excavating Contractor
    The remote has a green button on the side of it that I pushed several times. As far as the battery.... It came with 2 batteries and a charger in the cab. I did switch batteries and that didn't seem to help except for with one of the batteries the green light on the remote was flashing and with the other battery the light stayed on. It very well could be a battery issue. I was wondering if maybe the remote needed to be paired with the main control box??? This truck came with a stack of manuals but nothing for the wireless remote. Thanks for the reply

4. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

Altec shows a service/tech support that offers troubleshooting help. I think I'd at least try a email or a phone call and maybe you could get help and/or a manual from them? The worst they can say is "no".

https://www.altec.com/service/technical-support/

5. bam1968

bam1968 Senior Member

Excavating Contractor
    Thanks crane operator. I will give them a call.

6. laycobeau

laycobeau Well-Known Member

Lead electronic technician
    Vetech63 likes this.
  7. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

I have dealt with Hetronic techs before on their remotes. They have been very helpful but I will tell you they don't like to sell component parts...……...at least they haven't in the past.