1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here's an odd one...

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Welder Dave, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

2. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

PICS or it didn't happen :D

Vetech63 likes this.
  3. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

I read a different article on that yesterday, and it said the same official had a run in with the girl's sister and mom a year ago. Sounds like either the official trying to get a little revenge or maybe its a pushy mom.

I don't really care one way or the other, I think they should ban all spectators from all high school sports, and for sure all grade school sports. I think it would be better for the kids, and some of the parents could use their own time out.

Vetech63 and kshansen like this.
  4. Welder Dave

There are hockey leagues here that don't allow parents to attend. Pretty skimpy attire for beach volleyball and that's in the Olympics too.

Vetech63 likes this.
  5. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Not a bad idea! Let the kids play the games for the fun of it. Nothing wrong with competition but too many get way over the top!

Years ago I was told that one of the coaches at a school near here would forfeit a game if anyone in the crowd booed the other team at a home game.

Vetech63 and DB2 like this.
  6. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Here is an odd one for you. I have worked for a company for years that has a truck mechanic named Jason. I was told last week that his name is now Kara. Don’t even ask....I’m still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell me I’ve been punked.o_O

7. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    I am surprised that there actually was a winner in the swimming competition. Many schools have no winners or losers. All kids are perfectly equal in all aspects in their eyes. The kids get the truth when they try to survive in the real world.

Vetech63 likes this.
  8. Welder Dave

Vetech63 likes this.
  9. JD955SC

JD955SC Senior Member

My aunt was a teacher for about 30 years, just retired

When the BS started she wasn't allowed to give lower than a D to her students so they’d all pass and give the school good metrics for the No Child Left Behind, then later no giving them lower than a C. And they had to take several standardized tests during the school year so she had to teach the test instead of spending time on education

One of my wife’s sisters, both in grade school, had a teacher last year tell the class to intentionally fail the first standardized test of the semester so all of the students would show an improvement on the next standardized test

old-iron-habit and Vetech63 like this.
  10. colson04

colson04 Senior Member

I went to school with a 'Mike' that is now a 'Samantha'. He/she works at the local utility company and I found out when they were part of the crew that showed up to install the phone line to my house.

Vetech63 likes this.
  11. thepumpguysc

thepumpguysc Senior Member

Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
    I like the line in there about the guy taking pictures of other kids "backsides" & was told to stop that immediately.!!

Vetech63 likes this.