• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here's an assortment of our equipment

steve.k

Occupation
owner operator oilfield construction company.
Here's a few pics of our equipment on a oilfield lease this winter?
Steve:drinkup

Attachments

• 2-8404w5lease009.jpg
    2-8404w5lease009.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 2,403
  • 2-8404w5lease012-1.jpg
    2-8404w5lease012-1.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 2,423
  • 2-8404w5lease011-1.jpg
    2-8404w5lease011-1.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 2,425

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
By golly, that's a nice looking Fiat-Hitachi. It looks like the undercarriage hasn't changed since the old HD series Fat-Allis. :)

steve.k

Occupation
undercarriage

Ya I think they left it alone they new they had a good thing!

steve.k

Occupation
Its gotta get its brownie points first

Never know who you might see on here Scott!You been on here long I just started.Oh I see Sept.

youngoperator

Occupation
chainsaw faller/ heavy equipment operator
ya been on here for abit alot of good stuff on here to read up on and learn from

steve.k

Occupation
Its good to see you young guys take a keen interest!

Yes Scott thats for sure just wish it was here when I was younger, could have helped with some short cuts Im sure.Oh well never to old to learn.
Steve:beatsme

hardtail

Nice to see some IH still at work out there.......used to be years ago the patch didn't want to see anything but kitty show up..........

steve.k

Occupation
Nice to see some IH still at work out there.......used to be years ago the patch didn't want to see anything but kitty show up..........

Thanks Hardtail
We've been running the Ih.line for years and have set up a client base that can appreciate the performance of the machines.We also ran the Cat line with less success so we decided to stay with IH.I guess i'm to the point that I cant stand the Cat only perception of some and thats why I will not buy one.Some people still believe its the dozer and not the person in the seat that dictates performance?We are starting to enjoy proving these guys wrong!:beatsme
Steve

hardtail

Changing perceptions one job at a time............LOL

A buddy years ago was hired to haul a TD25C out to a lease site job upon arrival the consultant/foreman asked what machine was sitting on the lowboy, when he informed them they said haul it back to wherever it came from, nothing but kitty allowed here. He called his boss and he said bring it back in, they repainted it overnight and it was back onsite within 24hrs to the same job. Consultant came over and asked what machine that was and he told them some new model kitty just out, they watched that 25 work the rest of the day and then informed the company they only wanted these new models onsite as they were so much more productive........LOL

I got many more stories similar to this........what area AB you from?

steve.k

Occupation
td25c

Yes I think the 25c was an underated machine and may well have been one of the best dozers built.We have had unbeleivable success with this series dozer and the jury is still out whether the G will be as good.The G has good performance but not sure on longevity,It does get my goat to hear the stories you talk about and most guys that don't sit in the seats do not have a clew what the difference is.We are in central Alta. and you! We have had good luck with all kinds of equipment including Cat but I feel they just aren't worth all the hype they get!
Steve

Last edited:

hardtail

Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of operating a 25, TD24 was the closest I came, was at a sale NE of Vermillion a few years ago and thought about pulling the trigger on a 25B and I probably should have for the money it brought.........:confused:

I'm north of Camrose and have a bit of older IH stuff mainly as a hobby......

Thought this might interest you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTE...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
it would be interesting to hear of your experiences with both the IH machines and the Fiat-Hitachi...most forums all you get to hear about is Cat unless it's a brand specific forum. Not all of us are so closed minded we don't want to know what the "other guys" are using.
After all, if it moves dirt it can't be all bad!

Alan

steve.k

Occupation
Fiat- Hitatchi

The Fiat -Hitatchi has everyone guessing but in reality it is just a Fiat-Allis.Fiat had merged with Hitatchi in order to get a bigger market but it never worked out.The 98 model yearFA I have is the Identical Tractor as the 98 Fiat-Hitatchi and both are exceptional tractors,if I could buy this line new in North America I would have one.Unfortunatly they are Europe only and cannot be purchased here.They are the heaviest in class and have 240hp Iveco engines that are tuff.The new ones went to the 8.3 cummins which I do not beleive is an improvement.The one tractor we have made 6900hrs on the original set of undercarriage?That is unheard of on most anything we have owned,I will miss the realiablity of these tractors but there comes a time to move on so the Dressta td20h has a turn to shine.I was introduced to these tractors just by luck as I was looking for a Td20g and the guy I went to see had sold all his Td20's but had this Fiat -Hitatchi left with 800 original hrs. on it.I looked it over and it still had the plastic cover on the seat,when he told me want he wanted I said what the heck and the rest is history!We now have 3 Allis dozers and I would say they are some of the best dozers I have owned.
Steve:drinkup

cummins05

I liked seeing CAT machines show up just cause you kinda know in your head what a D6 can move in a day. But if another brand showed I would give it a shot and as long as it moved what It needed to for the rate I was ok with it.

joedirt

Nice looking tractors. I have seen this on other machines but I was wondering why the roof or sweeps are enclosed for such a long distance? What advantages does this offer? Thanks...

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Grandpa has been running IH/Dresser dozers since he started in the business and we still own one TD-15C, the other one is own by my current employer. Everyone calls it the little dozer but it will out push, out manuver and use way less fuel in a days time than our D6H will. Sides that, on a cold cold day that 15 with a canvas on the inside of the side shields, two small boards on the sides where you enter and the fans turned around will bake you out of the seat(i have dozed in 0 degree weather in a light sweatshirt before), while the 6...we work out butts off to try to find some heat on it. Everyone that has actually spent time on it would rather get on that than the 6.

Trbo

steve.k

Occupation
Long sweeps

Yes the long sweeps are to protect the hood especially when in brush.Most oilfield cats run this style.It only has been until the last 5-10 years we have started running them without as there is less brush work being done and if there is its done with logging equipment?:drinkup