• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here's a sure way to kill your career

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I'm not a doctor. I had a couple rounds of scaring myself awake. I ruined a tire, and wheel on a curve, but no major wreck. A couple ventures into nasal surgery, and an experimental procedure to leather up my soft pallet have got me sleeping at night, instead of on the road. Maybe you need CPAP, but you will get sleep. Maybe it'll be at night, maybe in day, maybe forever. You get to choose. Find a good doctor, get yourself fixed.

Willie

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
What a long strange trip its been.
Oh..where to start...
My commercial license ......gone.
My non commercial license.....was gone.
i finally got it back after 2 years.
Now...think for a minute...how in the hell is one supposed to survive if you cant legally drive to and from work? By selling drugs? Selling your body? Selling someone else's body ? How about stealing, robbing, anything to make a damned buck?

I certainly learned a lot in the 3 months that I sat home on my ass.
I learned that this system is designed to keep you down when you fall.
Workmans comp....denied. Unemployment, what a damned joke that is. Finding a job without a drivers license, full of anger, depressed and pissed off....yeah right. But most importantly, I learned to never, ever be truthful when it comes to any government run office.. especially the DMV. I'll look them in the eye and lie right to their face from now on. Being honest with those a holes only ended up turning a once honest man into a criminal. The horse crap the DMV put me thru changed my entire outlook on the law, on society and on life. Its a real long story and the more I think about it, the angrier I get. I'll save it for another time.
It's nothing short of a miracle that I was able to hold on to the house and keep the wife. Why she has tolerated me, put up with me and stuck right here by my side....I'll never know. Take away a workaholics ability to work , what do you expect? Yeah, with my pissed off attitude....it was that bad.
Anyways, I'm still alive and kicking. Work now is just that....work. it's not fun like it used to be. It's a job...and only a job. Now don't get me wrong. I'm thankful for this job, for the little that I have, for the roof over our heads. But mostly, I'm thankful for my wife. If not for her, I'd likely be 6 ft. under.
Well folks... thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
I'll post more of this drama soon.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
What a long strange trip its been.
Oh..where to start...

Pete, if you need someplace to vent let it rip here and if it is too much for the open forum we could always move it over to a private conversation mode. As I understand it there can be several people included in one of those so you could invite and let in just those who you want to join.

Sounds like you have a very good wife, so just say thanks once in a while!

wilko

It's good to hear from you. A guy I work with has learned the same lesson on being truthful with bureaucracies, in his case especially workman's comp. They're out to screw you. You never found a cause for blacking out? Anyway, hang in there.

8V149 Detroit

Sad to see these things happen to people who didn't deserve them, also sad to see a person that wants to work but can't find it. Nowadays pretty much anything government related is trash, people that need help can't get it, but the ones that don't need it can get it really easy for some reason. Hope you get better

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Damn Son, never heard of Syncope, evil. Hope the Luck monster has had enough of feeding your bad side and better swings your way.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Pete, I'll hang onto your sage advise and hope I never need it! Keep moving forward, count the small victories!