• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here's a sure way to kill your career

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
wow thats scary as hell. Hopefully they can find out what is wrong with you. I hope you're allright as well.

Trashman

Occupation
Garboligist
Wow......hopefully you can make a speedy and full recovery. :eek:

mitch504

Man, I hate that for you. I'm sure glad you didn't veer left a little earlier and go off the overpass, or go head on with that car and kill somebody else.

Do you know what caused it? Can they keep it from happening again?

Did you get hurt bad in the wreck?

I'm sure you'll be able to get another job with your operating and repair experience. It's nice being an operator with a CDL, but keep in mind, most operators don't, and they still work.

BTW, How is your daughter doing?

Keep your chin up, we're all pulling for you.

Keep us posted,
Mitch

td25c

Ditto what Mitch said .

Our thought's & prayers are with you & family Pete .

lantraxco

Without knowing anything at all I would put first money on prescription meds cause over a sudden health issue, but then I'm paranoid about the medical/pharma conglomerate.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Glad you're okay, holy cow what an experience! Did you wake up in the ditch? Good news I suppose you weren't in all that heavy traffic and that one guy got out of the way.

51cub

Occupation
semi retired
I too, hope for a fast, and full recovery. Expect a couple of pretty weird tests if you didn't get them already. If nobody comes up with anything, or if they start treating you, but you still don't feel right, get checked for Lyme Disease. BIG BUT here, make sure they do the Western Blot test, or they won't find it. It's a whole new world to find out everything that a little bug like a tick can do to a body

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I can't add much to what's already been said, except to throw in my own personal wishes that you get to the root of that and get it sorted out.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Ditto what everyone else said Pete. Thank God it was not worse and you are around to find out and correct the problem.

wilko

It sounded like you were yawning and fighting sleepiness a few times. What was the lead up to going unconscious? Like when you stand up too fast? Tunnel vision? Or just boom and wake up in the ambulance?

Hope they find a cause, maybe then you can get the cdl back sooner.

JDOFMEMI

Pete

That is scary, and especially for me since I know we share a lot of the same work habits.

Please keep us updated on the diagnosis, if you feel comfortable doing so. You are lucky that it happened on a slow, quiet road, not at speed on a busy highway< but I am sure you know that already.

Best wishes for a full recovery. If there is anything I can do to help, feel free to reach out to me.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Any updates Pete? Just wondering how things are working out for you.