• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here is some Dumper Love from Wacker Neuson

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Now That's a Cool Little Buggy !!! …..was surprised to see that most of the guys interviewed were in Vancouver, BC ……. will have to look into it the next time I'm down at the Coast !!! ….

Thanx for Sharing KSSS !!! …………

………….. Ohhh BTW ! …. my buddy with the 1845C (that I've referred to in posts)….Took delivery of a Brand spanking new SR 175 last week ….. What a sweet machine that is !!! …. we've just got to figure out how to slow down the herky-jerkyness of the EHC …. but very impressive tho ! …. Cheers

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I just got an update in my TR320. I think they have finally got the EH figured out so that everyone can be happy with it. He should have a sticker on the console that says EZ EH. If it does not, the machine is due for that update. It can be slowed way down with like 9 presets or best of all, you can still custom program it to your needs.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
I just got an update in my TR320. I think they have finally got the EH figured out so that everyone can be happy with it. He should have a sticker on the console that says EZ EH. If it does not, the machine is due for that update. It can be slowed way down with like 9 presets or best of all, you can still custom program it to your needs.

He was in Kammy (LOL) yesterday, which 2.5 hrs from here and that's the nearest Case dealer, but I'm heading into town t'day and will pass this on, that dealer was no help as far as this issue goes but we'll play with the settings today and i'll check for the sticker as you mentioned …… his night switch "F'd" up so he picked that up from the dealer (warranty) ……. thanx for the tip, will keep you informed …… Cheers

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If you need any help, let me know.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
If you need any help, let me know.

Thanx for the offer !

So t'day we played with some of the settings ….. me with my nose in the book reading the steps to my buddy Bill ! ….. Hmmm interesting to say the least … LOL ….

We both found it to be very confusing the way you have to keep u'r A** off of the seat to begin the programming, putting it back in the saddle at the exact moment otherwise go back to start … Hmmmm ? … and then proceeding into the steps of where the F*** to go, I guess a guy like you has these steps totally memorized, but from our point of view WAS NOT VERY EASY descriptions pretty vague, the glossary of the abbreviations not to helpful …. leaving us to guess alot

I'm coming from my Bcat that can be programmed on the fly and you can experiment immediately with out going thru all of the steps of enter/exit, Like the step where it said take u'r butt out of the saddle for 1 -2 min's then try to re-start again …. LOL …..
He's going to give it a run t'morrow it has improved a bunch so far, the settings we left it at were close to the OEM default settings (as layed out in the book) … we were thinking someone had a BAD sense of Humour that changed the default settings …..

One thing we have to ask …. Do these machines NOT have an Inching control, or snail control as in the Bcat ??? …. Where, like when I use my snowblower and want to keep my RPM as high as we can go (max hyd flow) and you have the motion EH fully stroked forward, alls I have to do in mine is bump the tortoise/Hare toggle 1 tap at a time to increase or decrease the ground speed …. just after dark the Dealer owner called to see how we were making out, he said the Case machine don't have this feature, but you can program it in the settings to do that ???? …… HUH ???…. WTF ??? … you have to shut down and adjust every time to modify, and not on the fly ??? …. some how I don't think he understood the question … LOL ….

Tomorrow is another day to play !!! …. we are running out of snow piles to play with up here other than moving the piles from one side of the lot to the other and vs/versa again and again ….. Oh MY !!! ……… Cheers till later !

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Does the machine have the EZ EH sticker on the console? It sounds to me like the machine has not had the EZ EH update. The machine does not have an inching mode capability. I like the CASE machine, but I have not been a fan of the console or the process to change settings. The update helps, but I also would like the inching capability and a more user friendly/intuitive interactive console. Once you have it set where your friend likes it, I think he will be impressed with the machine.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Does the machine have the EZ EH sticker on the console? It sounds to me like the machine has not had the EZ EH update. The machine does not have an inching mode capability. I like the CASE machine, but I have not been a fan of the console or the process to change settings. The update helps, but I also would like the inching capability and a more user friendly/intuitive interactive console. Once you have it set where your friend likes it, I think he will be impressed with the machine.

Sorry I forgot to mention …. No It doesn't have a sticker indicating the EZ EH …… Ohh he will get it figured out, it's just a new thing to have EH in a Skid ….. he's a guru when it comes to EH or Pilot control in Excavators, Log Processors, Bunchers, ect. ….. but being able to program the joysticks is a luxury compared to the big juice machines ……. I didn't mean to sound negative about the SR 175's programming, it's just not the most user friendly system to do it ….

I'm Really shocked that Case, as far as they've come with EH that they never thought to put in a system like my Bcat's Snail/inching control ….. funny thing was back when my salesman sold me the A-300 he always called it "Cruise Control" mode …. LOL ……. It sure does come in handy tho !!! …. I use it daily …… Bill does alot of Landshaping with a U-build Modified soil conditioner attachment, it works like a Rock rake de-rocker attachment that wind-rows the rocks up to 12" diam ….. when doing your finish passes you'd like to be able to use something like the Snail mode to finish up …… anyways KSSS we'll keep you in the loop ! …. Thx

Ps : found out t'day that this machine is a late 2012 early 2013 unit …. pre Tier-4 … it came with ~10 hrs on the clock

Last edited:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I totally agree the process to adjust the controls is not user friendly. The EZ/EH update cures a lot of that but in my view, they have packed about 10 pounds worth of functions in a 5 pound console. I am glad they are continuing to refine it, but really it should not have been released the way that it was. I am going to ask at Conexpo what their plans are for inching capability.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
I totally agree the process to adjust the controls is not user friendly. The EZ/EH update cures a lot of that but in my view, they have packed about 10 pounds worth of functions in a 5 pound console. I am glad they are continuing to refine it, but really it should not have been released the way that it was. I am going to ask at Conexpo what their plans are for inching capability.

That's Awesome info KSSS ! …. Heading back to Bill's again in a few ….gonna re-check for the sticker EZ EH …… this update is a software thing Or an additional unit by the console ??? …… if it's not there What do you suggest he Do ???? …. or typically what should he ask the dealer to do ???? …… TTYL

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The update does not replace the console but makes adjustments much easier. It is dealer installed and all software update. The machine should have been updated prior to delivery, so I would have the dealer either drive to the customer or they pick the machine up take it back to the dealer and fix it and return it to your friend.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Hmmm ???? …. Hauling it in either direction is not practical if all it is a Software update that is done with a Laptop …. we are about 3-1/2 hrs from the dealer to transport ….

Is there a specific Name given to this Update ??? …….

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Its called the EZ EH update. I suggested that the dealer provide the transport since, in my view, it should have been updated before they sold the machine. Likely the dealer will just come to the customer.