• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with screens plugging

Boss

Wondering if anyone out there has any ideas or ways of cleaning/keeping screens clean. We are using a Cedarrapids 6x20, screening with all 3 decks. We are having a problem with our bottom deck which is half 1/8" and half 3/16"(slotted)screens. The material we are in is anywhere from 6-11% moisture so that isn't helping, but don't have the time to let it dry. We have slowed production down to around 150 tph and are going down about every 30 mins to clean the screens, currently we just run a 1/2" chain down the deck while the screen is shaking to clean them. This works but was wondering if there were any other ways. We also just ordered all stainless steel screens which we are hoping will help prevent the material from sticking.

Forgot to mention top deck is 5/8" dropping to 1/4" in the middle then to the 1/8"+3/16" combo.

Last edited:

curb guy

We run 5 - 1/2'' chains, spaced about 8'' apart. other than switching to stainless screens, not sure what else you can do. Never had any experience with stainless screens, so I'm curious if it will make a difference.

Boss

We ended up making it through the pile, just kept cleaning with the chain. We were too scared to leave the 1/2" chain on the thin 1/8" screens figured they would bust up. The stainless seemed to help keep our 1/4" deck completely clean but did little to nothing on the 1/8" deck

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
I can't remember the name but I have seen the self cleaning screens before. Z screen or something like that. The screen flexes to clean itself.