• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with roller cb214d

Shivan Dookeran

So i have an interesting experience, while operating the 214d serial num 1tz00625. On a slight slope the front drum rubs on the foward hose and cuts it then the roller loses all control , thank god it was on a small incline i was able to stop it but if i was on a bigger incline i shudder to think what would happen . Question is there something that stops the roller in a situation like this or does it just roll until it hits something? also is there a buffer rubber or bearing that can wear out causing the front drum to sag and touch the hoses?

does anyone have a schematic or parts diagram that will help me out with figuring out this mystery ?

Shivan Dookeran

Thanks for the help heymcall i really do appreciate it . checked the roller for myself today and found the plate that was supposed to keep the hoses away from the drum missing .. previous owner decided it was not needed . one piece of sheet metal and 2 bolt and nuts and i was finished.. next problem is the lack of brakes, set it on a flat surface and i was able to push it forward and backward, any idea on where to start ? my mechanic was telling me the drums has a set of clutch type disks that form the brakes and only when activated by forward or reverse it disengages. is there a testing and adjusting procedure or do they need to be changed ?
any and all help is appreciated

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Attached the SysOp for the propel system. Also the disassembly procedure for the propel motor
Looks as though the single port is probably oil for the brake release.
There is a "brake kit" Part Number 193-2164 but there is no detail exactly what is in that kit

upload_2022-3-1_1-31-35.png.

Attachments

• Propel SysOp.pdf
    896.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Propel motor.pdf
    978.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Shivan Dookeran

thanks alot nige, the diagram u posted has 3 hoses , mines has 4 .. 2 at the front and 2 at the back . will post pics when i am at the machine tomorrow .
i am guessing the seals need changing or someone messed with the screws and compressed the piston to allow it to move free.. maybe there was a problem and they used it as a quick solution ..

Shivan Dookeran

Remember that there are two propel motors and if someone has been fiddling with the brakes they will have had to fiddle with both motors. Easy enough to check. Pull the plug on both motors and check the location of the screws.

Is it driving on both drums.?

both drums work foward and backward. just dont stop which i assume is no brakes as well

Nige

both drums work foward and backward.
Have you tested that by jacking the machine off the ground and running the drive.? One motor could be freewheeling for all you know.
If you have done the above then it looks like you are going to be digging into some brakes shortly.
Sorry, still can't find any info regarding the consist of the brake kit.

Shivan Dookeran

when i changed the hoses i put them on wrongside so the front was spinning foward and the rear backward ,went sideways .. i know i know silly me but it showed me both drums work
thanks for the help .. just wanna know all there is to know before i tear into it .

Shivan Dookeran

since we're back up lemme ask some more questions.. does this roller have 1 pump? what hydraulic oil is reccomended for it ?
reason i asked is because when the hoses were put together we added 68 hydraulic oil and now it doesnt want to go foward with the authority and speed as reverse.. havent put the guage to test pressures because for some reason the fittings are blocking the test ports .
is it a simple procedure of adjusting the pressures or do i need to rebuild the pump ?

Shivan Dookeran

ended up pulling the pump . the part number is 1877338 .. piston and swash plate was worn .. now on the hunt for new parts ,hopefully a full rebuild will solve this problem .

Shivan Dookeran

Hey guys ,got the roller back up and going but I think the brakes has been tampered with by the previous owner , is there a procedure to release the brakes so I may reverse it and get the roller back to its original state?

Shivan Dookeran

Electrical system is ok , no problem. As for anything else I am just assuming the worst and not taking anything for granted . Thing is when the roller cuts off it still rolls, I know the sakai has a mechanical screw to get it to release the brakes ,I honestly don't know how the cat is supposed to function .
Does anyone know ?

Nige

Electrical system is ok , no problem.
I haven't looked at the electrical schematic (you do have a copy, right.?) in detail but shouldn't the brake interlock valve be energized/de-energized by changing the position of the park brake switch.?
I honestly don't know how the cat is supposed to function.
Refer to the SysOp attachment in my previous post.

Shivan Dookeran

Heymcall as I said we bought the roller from someone so I don't know what was done or not done. Thanks very much for your help as this is the type of info I can use to check . As it is now I have gotten the roller to work better than before by overhauling the main pump and changing the buffer rubbers , line inside the fuel tank was cracked so it starved for fuel when it reached half tank and cut off . Last thing left to do is fix the free rolling when it cuts off and I am good to go.