• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help with laser?

mainlinehoehand

Occupation
mainline forman
they are not too bad.... nothing to accurate though... i belive that home depote carries the same brand and i think you can get it a little cheaper.. if i were i would buy an old david white transit it will take 2 people but it will be accurate

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
i don't know a thing about laser levels....it's going to be used for building my house and pole barn.....would this 1 be good enough?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CST-Berger-...ryZ42298QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or do you know of something better at around this price?

I have had good success with the Spectra LL100 units. I think they are made my Trimble. They are auto level, I see one on eBay for $595 free shipping.
I think the CST is an OK unit, but for a few more $$$$ you can get a good unit.
Good Luck

ghitch75

I have had good success with the Spectra LL100 units. I think they are made my Trimble. They are auto level, I see one on eBay for $595 free shipping.
I think the CST is an OK unit, but for a few more $$$$ you can get a good unit.
Good Luck

i didn't see that 1 on flebay.....thanks.....i like the 1/8" in 100'......twice as good as a 1/4" in 100'.....i'll be orderin' that...

thanks again :usa

Kgmz

Occupation
General Contractor
I have posted about this company before, check out EngineerSupply.

They have that same CST at Ebay you posted for $55 cheaper.

http://www.engineersupply.com

But think about what you can do with the laser in the future, it may be worth spending a few hundred more for something with range and accuracy, plus maybe slope capability.

Johnny English

Occupation
Contracts manager, Civil Engineering contractor
If you haven't got a lot of use for one after you've used it, it can be worth hiring for a week or two here and there, or hire one to have a go with so you know what you want out of one and have a bit more knoledge before you buy. I was once in your position, gaffer said lasers were no use and would never entertain having one. I went to a hire depot and had a go in the their yard then took one out for a week or two. Now we have several and use them for everything incuding dual grades as well, gaffer's now converted. Grade lasers are very good for doing any drainage work, bubble in the bedding then just leather pipes in.