• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with dumptruck pump

Rickyb1968

I have a small leak coming from the high pressure hose going into the pump. It seems like its leaking between the first and second nut. First nut being closest to the pump.

I have no idea how old the pump is but i have to rev my truck up to 14-1600 rpms to raise bed. It takes forever for it to lower. Any idea on whats going on there? Thanks Ricky

Attachments

• IMG_3536.jpeg
    IMG_3536.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
So, can you tell us if you donated $25.00 to charity for the fuel tank cap as per our agreement? I, and several others question your integrity as you've not verified you followed through or not. If not, consider this a friendly reminder to make your word good.

Rickyb1968

1693TA
I think i did but can’t remember. PM me your address and I will mail you 25.00. Then you can make sure the donation was made.

Rickyb1968

Crane Operator its leaking at the red arrow. The first nut i was able to tighten a little. Second nut was tight.

heymccall

If it's leaking at red arrow, either fitting is cracked, or the seat is damaged. If the seat is damaged, they make a copper crush washer for in there. Any hydraulic shop should be able to get one.
Screenshot_20231017-215922_Chrome.jpg

crane operator

The post above has the solution for your leak, drain the tank and check the hose and fitting.

The slow lowering may just be the dump valve not properly adjusted, so it doesn't fully open. Is this a new problem, or always been this way?

As far as RPM to raise, that's not unusual, Are the rear hinges greased and the bed isn't bent/twisted/ or binding?

Rickyb1968

Crane Operator the bed lowering has always been slow. It seems it is getting slower. Dont really know how to adjust the dump valve.

Now to show my ignorance. The hose that is leaking is coming off the lift cylinder. There is a hose coming off the hydraulic tank that has a shutoff valve. Could i shut that valve off. Pull the line coming off lift cylinder that is leaking, thinking I may not lose much fluid that way. I had the lift pump rebuilt earlier this year and that tank hold 20 gallons.

1693TA

Occupation
1693TA
I think i did but can’t remember. PM me your address and I will mail you 25.00. Then you can make sure the donation was made.

I will do exactly that and you will receive a receipt for the donation to Children's Hospital of Illinois unless you have a different preference.

This was our agreement and I only want to see it honored. Nothing in it for me except keeping all party's honest.

Be assured I will acknowledge, and post receipt of your remittance when received.

Rickyb1968

i was able to stop the leak and i took the linkage off and used a big crescent wrench to operate the dump valve. Its going all the way back to the rear of truck. So that tells me the linkage is pulling the dump valve back as far as it can. Im wondering if my hose my be collapsing, something is restricting the fluid from going back in the tank. Its super slow going down.

1693TA

Occupation
Today I found an envelope in my obliterated mailbox which was hit once again during the wee hours. In this envelope is cash to be used for the donation we have spoken of. It is quite soaked as it rained very hard here this morning and this envelope was literally in a puddle of water. Nothing hurt and it will dry and be given to the charity mentioned and a receipt posted.

Thanks,

20231025_171535.jpg