• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with aftermarket parts research

Anshul

Hello,

I am a freelancer and am posting to ask for help. My boss has asked me to do some research on the aftermarket parts for construction equipment. I am new to the industry and was not able to find much info online. I was hoping someone on this forum could help me.

I have some questions on the industry that I believe an industry insider would be able to answer (e.g., who are the major players, how they find customers, etc.).

And as a thank you, I will donate $20 to a charity of your choice.

Would someone be able to help? I will not take more than 15 minutes of your time.

I sincerely appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,
Anshul

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You are asking a pretty generic question. There is no single source for all aftermarket parts. You have to ask for specific things. You do that by providing a specific machine, usually by make, model and serial number and then ask about a specific part. An example might be a D8H, 46A31320 and your looking for a used or rebuilt head. If you are looking at trucks, it gets even more specific. Say you want a differential for a Kenworth truck, you are likely to have to find the tag on the axle and provide all the numbers off of it.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Want cheap usually end up changing lots of parts, want reliable pay pretty high but not necessarily OEM rate are a few reliable aftermarket providers but have to shop and inspect, want repeatability and decent pricing shop around to OEM Suppliers for volume discounts.